Children's Minister (Panama City, Fl.)
The Lynn Have United Methodist Church is in search of a full-time Children's Minister. For more information on this ministry opportunity please contact Rev. Terry Tatum at 850-819-9867 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To Whom Reports:
- Lynn Haven United Methodist Church
- Provide overall leadership for Children’s Ministries (K-5) at Lynn Haven United Methodist Church.
Weekly Job Duties:
● Plan and manage elementary age children’s ministries on Sunday mornings, including but not limited to children’s church.
● Attend weekly staff prayer meetings.
● Organize and oversee AWANA and other activities on Wednesday nights
● Organize teachers and servants for K-5th grade ministries and schedule substitutes as needed
● Meet, plan, and coordinate with Nursery Supervisor
Monthly Job Duties:
● Attend weekly staff meetings and provide a staff report on time
● Attend worship planning meetings as needed
● Turn in all communication for the newsletter, worship guide, and email blasts on time
Periodic Job Duties:
● Maintain a positive and cooperative attitude while preforming job duties
● Maintain positive relationships with children, parents, servants, staff members, and other church leaders while promoting a spirit of teamwork in the church
● Plan and manage events such as Vacation Bible School, Ascent, and Service Squad
● Manage Children’s Ministries resources, including creating and managing an approved budget and the evaluation of resource material and curriculum
● Train, organize and supervise Children’s Ministries staff members and servants
● Provide Christian mission and service opportunities for children
● Provide pastoral care to children and families
Duties as Needed
● Ensure all teachers/leaders have background check prior to serving
● Ensure safety procedures are being followed by both parents and teachers/leaders
● Be an active member of Lynn Haven United Methodist Church
Limits of Authority:
- Act under the supervision of Executive Pastor and assume any and all duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Experience in the education of young children, preferably a B.S./B.A. in elementary or early childhood education, Christian education, or other ministry-related degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Must be flexible, cooperative, and proactive.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, talk, read, write, use computer, hear and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Work is performed regularly within and around all LHUMC buildings and the local community.
- Must have a clear testimony of a personal faith in Jesus Christ and a growing relationship with Him. Must have a commitment to moral purity. Must be willing to adhere to the guidelines set forth in the staff covenant. Must be able to work in a cohesive manner with co-workers, pastoral staff, church members and guests. Must be neat, well-groomed and represent Lynn Haven UMC as a professional at all times, on and off duty. Must maintain strict confidentiality of all church matters.
Contact: Terry Tatum
3203 Minnesota Ave. Panama City FL 32405