St. Peter’s United Methodist Church
Wellington, Florida, United States
Job Type: Part-Time
St. Peter’s United Methodist Church of Wellington, FL is seeking a part-time organist/accompanist.
St. Peter’s UMC of Wellington is a medium sized, dynamic church with a 4 manual Rodgers electric organ. Our music program includes traditional choir and vocal ensembles, handbell choir, youth choir and soloists, and contemporary worship band.
This position is based on a 10-hour work week with salary commensurate with experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION: ACCOMPANIST/ORGANIST
Works with the Director of Traditional Music to usher and lead the congregation in a spirit of worship that draws people to discipleship in Jesus Christ.
- Provide appropriate organ/piano music for the traditional Sunday services, generally including but not limited to: Prelude, Hymns (selected by the Pastors or through collaboration), Choral Anthems/Special Music/Guest Musician(s), Offertory, Communion, Postlude
- Rehearse each week with the Chancel Choir and occasionally with other ensembles or soloists.
- Establish a personal weekly rehearsal time at the organ. These established practice times will be protected.
- Meet, as needed, with the Director of Music for planning and preparation for worship services and other events.
- Submit the titles and composers of music literature by 12 noon each Monday for inclusion in the Sunday bulletin.
- Additional services and events that are part of base pay may include choir concerts, recitals, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, two Christmas Eve services, etc. These additional rehearsals, services/events are scheduled with the concurrence of the Director of Traditional Music.
- Provide for qualified substitutes for all absences.
- Provide accompaniment for funerals, memorial services, and weddings
- Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Love and respect for all people.
- Attested musical skills on the organ and piano.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation.
- Committed to the church's vision, mission, leadership, and people.
- Minimum five years’ experience in church related setting preferred.
- Degree in organ or piano performance is a plus.
- Familiarity with The United Methodist Church preferred
The church shall provide monies for proper care of the organ and pianos located in the church, including quarterly organ and piano tunings and any necessary repairs.
The Organist/Pianist/Accompanist shall report to the Director of Music concerning the condition and maintenance needs of the organ and pianos, including tunings, repairs, etc.
Contact: David Boyer
12200 Forest Hill Blvd. Wellington FL 33414