Director of Youth Ministry
The Director of Youth Ministry reports to the Associate Pastor, and is primarily responsible for administering the youth programming at the church. The Director will work with the pastoral team, staff and church members to achieve the mission and vision as guided by our core values. Specific responsibilities include overall development, planning, and implementation of an engaging ministry for youth from grades six through twelve, including the selection of curriculum, activity planning, and implementation of special events. The Director must be skilled at recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers to accomplish these responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Educational, Background & Experience Requirements:
- Evaluate and select curriculum for Wednesday evening, Sunday morning, and Sunday evening groups, and procure any needed supplies.
- Facilitate instruction and plan ceremony for Confirmation on an annual basis.
- Work with the Director of Children’s Ministry to promote spiritual formation opportunities and special events.
- In conjunction with the Director of Communication, develop publications, create marketing materials, and publicize events.
- Coordinate camps, mission trips, and attendance for youth at church-sponsored or other special events.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and provide resources for volunteers.
- Prepare the annual budget request for Youth Ministry activities.
- Maintain files and records of attendance for children and families.
- Develop an effective church-parent communication system.
- Ensure compliance with the Child/Youth Protection Policy, including verification volunteers working with children have a current acceptable background check on file.
- Professing Christian;
- Bachelor’s degree in Children’s Ministry, Youth Ministry, Education, or related field required;
- Experience in providing Christian-based education for children or youth, with experience in a United Methodist Church preferred;
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents and staff.
- Ability to resolve conflict.
- Ability to build effective teams.
- Ability to work with diverse personalities.
This position is a full time position (30+ hours or more per week will be required). The salary is $40,000, and benefits include group life insurance, cost-sharing health after a 90-day probationary period, a matching retirement savings program after a 12-month probationary period, optional dental, vision, and supplemental insurance enrollment.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume, references, and documentation of credentials and certifications to Rev. Robert Bledsoe, Associate Pastor, RBledsoe@cypresslakeumc.com
Contact: Robert Bledsoe
8570 CYPRESS LAKE DR FORT MYERS 33919