Community United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time worship leader. We currently have a blended worship service, possibly going to two services later. We have a talented team of singers and instrumentalists and believe engaging, passionate worship is essential for every service. Responsibilities include scheduling, leading rehearsals, overseeing and scheduling the AV team as well as being present at worship planning and weekly meetings with the pastors. The job will require flexibility, though most communications with the band and AV can be done remotely. The pastors will guide/encourage leadership in worship and communication in order to improve strengths and going beyond what was thought possible. Salary depends on ministry experience.
- Select and plan music for Sunday services and special services with the Senior Pastor and Worship Committee.
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd music team and musicians; maintain a strong prayer base for the music ministry.
- Develop musical teams and ensembles for services.
- Communicate faithfully with the Senior Pastor and staff.
- Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, willing to associate with the Methodist Church as part of the ministry staff and participate in the church life.
- Ability to shepherd volunteer musicians in the Christian life.
- Love and respect for people; sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Attested musical skill and competence.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members.
- Strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation.
- Committed to the church's vision, leadership, and people.
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
- Bachelors degree in Music (preferred)
- Ability in wide range of styles including Christian hymns and contemporary music.
- Able to lead worship and to train others as individual and team worship leaders.
- Professional quality keyboard (preferred) or guitar player.
- Composing, arranging, writing and sequencing music.
- Producing and directing special events, musicals and programs.
- Experience with technical aspects of contemporary services (sound boards, theater lights, video editing etc.)
Contact: Leslie Allen
Address: 10708 Donbrese Ave. Tampa FL 33615
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011