Director of Public Relations
DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC RELATIONS
WESLEY FOUNDATION at FSU & TCC
The Wesley Foundation, the United Methodist Campus Ministry at Florida State University and Tallahassee Community College, is seeking a Director of Public Relations to oversee the external relations, communications, and fundraising programs of the campus ministry.
I. DIRECT ALL FUNDRAISING PROGRAMS OF THE FSU WESLEY FOUNDATION.
- Develop an annual fundraising plan with goals, timelines, and a fundraising budget for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Build and maintain productive, long-term fundraising relationships with current and prospective donors, corporations, and foundations.
- Maintain accurate records of all interactions with donors and potential donors.
- Provide support and guidance to the Executive Director/Campus Pastor, Staff, and the Board to encourage increased giving to the Wesley Foundation.
- Prepare financial reports related to fundraising activities to be presented at staff and Board meetings.
- With the Executive Director/Campus Pastor, Staff, and Board, The Director of Public Relations will help to generate new ideas and opportunities to create new development programs that will attract new donors to the Wesley Foundation.
- Continue enhancement and utilization of the database system, eTapestry, including overseeing the transfer of donor records and attaining current directory information which will improve communications and the usability of the database as an information source to support fundraising activity.
- Increase the use of direct mail, email and other communications to maintain a flow of gifts to the Wesley Foundation, including an increase of online donations.
- Resource the Wesley Foundation staff members who are raising support for ministry positions.
- Initiate activities and programs that will lead to increasing the number and value of major and estate gifts committed to the Wesley Foundation.
- Search and research potential grants and other funding sources and prepare proposals or applications.
II. OFFER SUPPORT FOR THE COMMUNICATIONS NEEDS OF THE WESLEY FOUNDATION
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Working with the Assistant Director of Communication to produce print media, video, email, social media and fundraising materials as needed.
- Maintaining communication with Wesley alumni, United Methodist churches throughout our district, our conference, and our region.
- Ability to build relationships among a wide variety of people.
- Knowledge of developing fundraising plans.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in 1) donor management systems; 2) major gift development; and 3) foundation and corporate grants.
- Ability to demonstrate a record of success in above activities.
- Ability to independently initiate projects and activities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal communication, donor interaction, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Dedication, motivation, drive, ambition and commitment.
- Computer skills and experience.
- Must be comfortable and enthusiastic working in the context of a Christian community.
The incumbent must be prepared to travel out of the Tallahassee area, on occasion, in the furtherance of the responsibilities outlined above.
THIS POSITION REPORTS DIRECTLY TO AND IS SUPERVISED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/ CAMPUS PASTOR OF THE FSU WESLEY FOUNDATION AND IS A VITAL MEMBER OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF TEAM.
Compensation: $40,000 per year
Anticipated Start Date: July 1, 2019
To apply: Please send a letter of interest, a resume, and three references to Rev. Mike Toluba, email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Contact: Rev. Mike Toluba
705 West Jefferson Street Tallahassee FL 32304