Audio & Video Equipment Technician
Pastor, Music Director, Office Administer
Part Time – Sundays. Occasional Holiday Services, Funerals, Weddings and other events. Advanced notice will be given.
Generous, to be discussed on phone and during the interview process.
The Audio & Video Equipment Technician is responsible for setting up, installing, operating, testing and troubleshooting audio and video (online streaming) equipment.
Also, produce the best possible atmosphere for worship through sound reinforcement. This includes but is not limited to supporting the audio needs of the people involved with the church service. Ultimately, glorify God through providing excellent audio services.
- Set up stage for musicians and install equipment such as microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards for events and functions such as church service, meetings, etc.
- Set up and operate sound equipment.
- Perform proper line check.
- Perform proper sound check; includes gain settings, monitor mixes, proper volume settings, and eq/mixing process. Monitor sound feels to ensure quality.
- Test and resolve equipment issues.
- Diagnose and correct media system problems.
- Check with worship leader and pastor for schedule and any schedule changes.
- Responsible for adjusting sound levels during service as needed.
- Responsible for following Pastor and Music Director’s direction during services. For example, boosting monitor levels.
- Responsible for recording the service.
- Responsible for following stage and schedule cues.
- Responsible for providing a distraction-free service as it relates to audio production.
- Determine filming sequences and camera movements.