Assistant Director of Next Generation Ministry - FT - North Naples Church
North Naples Church is seeking a Full Time Assistant Director of Next Gen Ministry. Under the direction of the Director of Next Generation Ministry, this position is primarily responsible for helping students and young adults grow in their personal relationship with God and inspiring and equipping them to follow Jesus. This is accomplished by creating curriculum, leading worship services and small groups, and performing all administrative duties for the department in support of the mission of North Naples Church and the goals of the Next Generation Ministry Department. APPLY AT LINK BELOW
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Work closely with the Director of Next Generation Ministry, staff and parent committee to create and lead ministry programs that resonate with students and young adults; facilitate spiritual growth as disciples of Jesus.
- Assist in the leadership, planning, development, improvement and organization of the ministry of which middle school and high school students and young adults (20’s) are the target audience and help cast vision of the ministry.
- Create curriculum designed to lead students and young adults to a greater appreciation and understanding of God and inspiring and equipping them to follow Jesus.
- Lead dynamic worship services and facilitate small group discipleship; lead Bible discussions or conversations about the Christian faith and the furtherance of North Naples Church’s mission and vision.
- Work collegiality with parents, staff, Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), Boy Scouts, Young Life and Youth Council, and other ministry partners.
- Mentor and build community with students, young adults, parents and volunteers through spiritual leadership.
- Assist with developing recruitment strategy for recognizing and attaining new leaders; provide spiritual leadership, supervision, and training for leaders.
- Model excellent relational work in ministry in order to recruit, equip and deploy volunteers in a manner that fosters spiritual growth in their lives and the lives of the people they serve.
- Coordinate and assist in implementation of all student and young adult programming including, but not limited to special programming events: The Village School Chapel, Confirmation Program, Retreats, Mission Trips, “Invite-a-Friend” Events, Summer Programs, Youth Sunday, and Young Adult Sunday
- Manage all administrative aspects of the department: logistical arrangements for missions, retreats, and service projects (forms, scheduling, transportation, hotel reservations); departmental calendaring; campus resource reservations; create engaging departmental marketing and communication materials
- Use technology to promote programs and communicate to students and parents on an ongoing basis in order to keep them up to date and informed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience in a large church setting leading discipleship in small groups, creating curriculum, leading youth group and worship services, and managing logistics for youth missions and retreats.
- Possesses deep, abiding faith in Jesus Christ and love for people.
- Passion and calling for communicating the love of Christ to students and young adults from various backgrounds and beliefs.
- Strong leadership and relational skills, self-starter, strong initiative, and vision.
- Excellent communication skills including writing skills and oral presentation skills, including in a large group worship environment.
- Ability to creatively plan and implement worship and fun events for the youth program
- Strong technology skills and experience including ability to effectively disseminate mass electronic communications using various platforms, calendaring, and basic graphic design
- Ability to recruit, train, develop, and supervise youth leaders, equipping them in their roles.
- A positive team player and self-motivated individual committed to excellence.
- Ability to demonstrate character, core values and personal lifestyle compatible with a Christ-centered ministry and be willing to embrace the mission and strategic plans of North Naples Church.
Equal Opportunity Employer
6000 Goodlette Rd N Naples 34109