Contemporary Worship Director
The Contemporary Worship Director is responsible for the development, integration, curation and evaluation of contemporary-styled worship services, experiences and programs that achieve Church vision, mission and goals on a Church-wide basis. Provides discipleship-centered leadership to youth and adults that fosters faith formation and spiritual connection through musical experience. Regular attendance and participation in campus worship services, programs and events are required. Evening, weekend and holiday work hours are required. This position is full-time.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with Church leadership in the development and ongoing management of contemporary worship strategies and programs that encourage spiritual fellowship, inspire personal faith commitments, and result in Church and denomination growth;
- Develop and implement discipleship programs that engage students and youth through relevant music and worship experiences that inspire leadership development and faith formation;
- Collaborate creatively with music and worship ministries in the formation of weekly service opportunities that align with message themes, liturgical seasons, Church events and denominational initiatives;
- Serve as the primary contact for all campus contemporary worship, music and fellowship opportunities, services and discipleship, providing proactive and timely communication to staff, volunteers and participants;
- Coordinate and organize the functional planning of worship program activities, projects, events and initiatives, including music, staff and materials, logistical and financial considerations, and advertising and communications;
- Lead discipleship lay teams and staff, providing coaching and opportunities for connection as appropriate, identifying and empowering talent, and supporting training and development recommendations;
- Foster growing participation and enthusiasm of contemporary music and worship programs and activities, cultivating an atmosphere of belonging and inclusion, encouraging emerging and deepening spirituality, and identifying opportunities to serve each other and the community;
- Manage worship program financial administration, including budget management, fundraising, grant and resource allocation, and expense reporting;
- Liaise with community groups and other Church ministries for partnership and outreach purposes;
- Integrate contemporary worship arts into the life of the church through participation in ministry and staff meetings, related committee meetings and church fellowship activities, developing and leading strategies for connection through inter-generational worship;
- Provide ongoing program performance management, regularly reviewing and evaluating worship outcomes, practices and participation to ensure maximum effectiveness, appropriateness and alignment with Church initiatives, vision and mission;
- Maintain a current knowledge of contemporary worship best practices, innovation and trends by participating in appropriate training, workshops, seminars, meetings and networking activities;
- Oversee contemporary worship personnel (paid and lay staff), providing effective leadership, coaching and engagement of teams, ensuring the highest levels of performance management and actively participating in all personnel-related matters;
- Understand and support the Church vision, mission, values and direction, as developed and communicated, proactively participating as a member of the Church leadership team;
- Represent the Church and denomination within the local geographical community, participating as appropriate in related forums, roundtables, conferences, and other related events;
- Other as deemed necessary by Church leadership.
WHAT TO BRING
- A Commitment to FUMCWP’s vision , core values and commitment to inclusion, inspired by a personal faith in and authentic relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Active, spiritually mature membership in the United Methodist Church, supplemented by regular, consistent participation in the FUMC Winter Park worship congregation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Genuine love of Christian music (traditional and contemporary), passion for worship, and vision for their integration into the life of the Church and congregation.
- Previous experience as a worship leader and vocalist, preferably in a praise team setting, and knowledge of Methodist hymnody. Experience directing musical ensembles preferred.
- Demonstrated music knowledge and proficiency with the ability to play an instrument for worship accompaniment purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and engage a multi-generational congregation in a blended worship format.
- Strong relational and leadership skills with the ability to drive a collaborative praise team and worship environment.
- Minimum five years relevant experience in a church-related, faith-based, or religious non-profit environment or organization.
- Understanding of lay-led discipleship and leadership within a lay staff church structure;
- Results-driven leader with the ability to lead a collaborative, empowered team environment.
- Skilled knowledge of multimedia applications, computer software, and equipment, particularly with regard to worship programming and music engineering.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time-management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to excel in a diverse, collaborative team environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to adapt messages in an audience-appropriate fashion.
- Proactive, progressive-thinking and positive approach and attitude.
Submissions MUST include a cover letter, resume, recent photograph, and video recording with audio of live worship leadership. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Only submissions received through our website (http://fumcwp.org/careers/) will be accepted.
Contact: Erin Corbelli
125 North Interlachen Avenue Winter Park FL 32789