Financial Administrative Assistant
Cypress Lake United Methodist Church is one of the largest worshipping communities in the Florida Conference of the United Methodist Church, with nearly 1,000 in worship. The Church is blessed with a talented lay leadership team and an exciting staff. Find out more at www.cypresslakeumc.com.
The church is in need of a Financial Administrative Assistant. The Financial Administrative Assistant reports to the Church Administrator and assists with a variety of financial and administrative duties for the church and Bright Beginnings Early School. The person in this position must maintain discretion and confidentiality as they often work with highly confidential information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for initial processing of all accounts payable for the church and preschool
- Verify enter contributions into the church management database on a weekly basis
- Conduct a weekly inventory of office supplies and place orders as needed
- Complete and submit monthly reports to a district office
- Prepare and issue semi-annual contribution statements
- Provide support to church office and employees, including:
- Responding to any church office visitors
- Check out keys to groups or volunteers
- Answering the telephone
- Accepting packages
- Posting or collecting and sorting mail
- Making copies or scanning documents
- Opening/closing the church office in accordance with the posted hours if needed.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
Educational, Background & Experience Requirements:
- Professing Christian;
- High School Diploma or equivalent required;
- Proficient Microsoft Office; knowledge of finance software and church management software preferred.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be efficient and able to manage time with frequent interruptions.
- Must be dependable.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Compensation range to start at $15 per hour, to be based on qualifications.
- This position is eligible for up to three paid sick days per year, five paid vacation days after one year employment, and the option to enroll for employee-paid Aflac supplemental insurance policies which qualify for pre-tax deductions.
Contact: Cyndy Cook
8570 CYPRESS LAKE DR FORT MYERS FL 33919