Children's Ministry Coordinator
Family Ministry at First United Methodist Church of Winter Park encompasses Student Ministry (6th-12th grade), Nursery Ministry (birth to preschool), Promiseland Ministry (ages three to eleven), and all children’s programming, including but not limited to vacation bible school and summer camp.
Position coordinates all aspects of Children’s Ministry (ages three to eleven) programs including regular Sunday and Wednesday evening fellowship and related special events. Participates in the planning, formation and integration of children’s programming that fosters faith development, a safe community and supportive discipleship. Regular attendance and participation in campus worship services, programs and events is required. Some evening, weekend and holiday work hours required.
WHAT YOU'll DO
WHAT TO BRING
- Partner with the Director, Family Ministry, in the development, implementation and advancement of Children’s Ministries’ programs and initiatives in furtherance of Church vision, mission and goals.
- Support the recruitment, training and coordination of parent and ministry volunteers, providing spiritual and administrative support, assistance and resources necessary to support lay leadership teams.
- Serve as the administrative contact for Children’s Ministry programs, providing proactive, intentional and specific communication and information regarding children’s worship, fellowship and advocacy to Children’s Ministries’ staff, volunteers, participants and parents as well as the congregation and community as a whole.
- Support the financial administration and management of ministry programs, including budget management, fundraising, grant and resource allocation, and expense reporting.
- Support children’s worship and ministry integration into the life of the congregation by fostering spiritual growth, leading connection to Church and community resources, and encouraging proactive ministry participation.
- Act as staff liaison to Children’s Ministry programs, participants, administrative committees and lay teams, providing administrative direction, ensuring process consistency and coordinating workflow.
- Oversee the coordination of ministry marketing and communications, event planning and promotional materials, ensuring message suitability and compliance with internal standards and guidelines.
- Encourage growing participation and enthusiasm for children’s ministry programs and activities, cultivating an atmosphere of belonging and inclusion, encouraging emerging and deepening spirituality, and identifying opportunities to serve within the community.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries while cultivating healthy personal relationships with ministry participants and their families;
- Understand and support the Church vision, mission, values and direction, as developed and communicated, proactively participating as a member of the Church staff team.
- Represent the Church within the local community, partnering as appropriate with relevant ministries and organizations, and participating in related conferences and other events.
- Other as deemed necessary by Church leadership.
- A commitment to our vision , core values and commitment to inclusion, inspired by a personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- Active member of the United Methodist Church, supplemented by regular, consistent participation in the FUMC Winter Park worship congregation. (Transfer to FUMC Winter Park required upon hire.)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent volunteer or professional work experience.
- A sincere call to children’s ministry and a passion for the spiritual and emotional development and health of children and their families.
- Previous elementary education or children’s program management experience, preferably in a faith-based, public service or non-profit organization.
- An understanding of lay-led discipleship and collaboration within a lay staff church structure.
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build positive relationships and adapt messages in an audience-appropriate manner.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to drive a collaborative lay team and worship environment.
- High level of discretion and emotional intelligence with the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain the strictest confidentiality.
- A knack for details with excellent time-management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to remain professional under pressure and resolve conflict in a Christ-like manner.
- Skilled in technological applications and software, internet and mobile telecommunications programs and applications.
- Proactive, progressive-thinking and positive approach and attitude.
Please apply via our website
. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Contact: Erin Corbelli
125 North Interlachen Avenue Winter Park FL 32789