Children & Youth Minister Position


St. Paul’s United Methodist Church

800 S.E. 41st Avenue
Ocala, FL 34471
Position Title:                                     Minister to Children and Youth
Supervised by:                                   Pastor
Position Type:                                    Full time.
Budgeted Salary:                               Negotiable
Benefits:                                             Reimbursed travel expenses and continuing education (expenses subject to approval).  No paid health or retirement benefits.
Probationary Period:                         90 days.
Required meetings:                           Church Council, Charge Conference (annually), and others as directed by the pastor.
Broad Function:  The Children and Youth Minister has overall responsibility for the church’s ministry and outreach to Children (nursery-4th grade) and Youth (5th-12th grades). 
General responsibilities include:
·         Developing and executing a planned, comprehensive program of Children Ministry and Youth Ministry, including the nursery.
·         Working with volunteers to implement children’s ministry activities, including Children’s Church, Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, and other special events.
·         Working with volunteers to implement youth ministry activities, including weekly youth meetings, Sunday School, and other special events.
·         Volunteer training, education and recruiting to make sure St. Paul’s is 100% compliant with our Child Protection Policy.
Screening, Experience and Certification:  The individual will have current CPR certification and be screened and certified in accordance with the church’s Child/Youth Protection Policy. Experience in Children’s Ministry and/or Youth Ministry is preferred. Prior experience working with special needs children would be beneficial.

Contact: Pam Michell

Address: 800 SE 41st Ave Ocala FL 34471

Phone: 3524847691



Contact Us

The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church

450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815

(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011