Special Events Coordinator - part-time
Christians Reaching Out to Society, Inc. (CROS Ministries), an outreach ministry in the Atlantic Central District has an opening for a part-time Special Events Coordinator.
Job Title: Special Events Coordinator – part-time (20 hours/week), Wage Range: $18-$20/hour
♦ Qualified applicants should follow the directions at the end of this job posting to apply ♦
Mission: CROS Ministries serves the hungry in Palm Beach and Martin Counties through community collaborations.
Job Summary: The Special Events Coordinator will execute special fundraising, community, and volunteer events to achieve agency goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Responsible for overseeing two existing fundraising events with fundraising targets, as well as coordinating annual volunteer events and community events
- Coordinate event logistics, sponsorships, attendance, and collateral promotion
- Responsible for in-kind donation solicitations for each event
- Research and cultivate new and existing donors and sponsors for special event support
- Monitor financial progress and budgetary plans for events
- Engage, recruit, and, manage relationships with community volunteers
- Online promotion of events through various social media platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years related work experience in managing special events
- General business knowledge, extensive knowledge of social media platforms a must
- Nonprofit fundraising experience a plus
- Communication, marketing and/or public relations experience a plus
- Must have a valid FL driver license, clean driving record, and be able to travel countywide (reliable transportation)
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must have flexibility in work schedule, some weekend and night work is required
- Proficient using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Basic office skills and excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Teamwork and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to manage different groups simultaneously
- Ability to understand and follow instructions to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to problem-solve, implement informed solutions, work independently
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, manage multiple tasks against deadlines
- Must be able to lift and move 30 lbs.
- Must be able to withstand extended periods of walking, standing, bending, and/or sitting
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Must be able to tolerate loud, fast-paced environment for extended periods of time
- Must have ability to work with diverse groups of people
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
10 vacation days and 10 sick days per year
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Mail or e-mail a letter of intent, resume, and a completed employment application.CROS’ employment application form can be found on our web site at www.crosministries.org
or call our office at 561-233-9009.
ATTN: Meredith Caldwell
3677 23rd Ave. S., #B-101
Lake Worth, FL33461
E-mail your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions should have all components
, as listed above, to be considered complete.Submissions will be accepted through Feb. 28, 2019.
It is the policy of CROS Ministries to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, gender, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, age or other unlawful discriminatory characteristics as defined in federal, state, or local laws. All candidates are considered on the basis of individual character, qualifications, and abilities in relation to the requirements of the advertised position.
Contact: Karen Mills
3677 23rd Ave. S. STE B-101 Lake Worth FL 33461