First United Methodist Church Clermont Florida is looking for a part-time (25 hours a week) Nursery Director to work with our Children't ministry team underneat the Children's Minister. As a key leader the Nursery Director is responsible for serving families through the creative vision, strategic development and implementation of all nursery (birth – 2 years) and childcare (birth -5th grade) related programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage families, welcoming them and keeping them connected.
- Review and prepare lesson plans and parent cues for small group leaders each week.
- Gather and organize all curriculum needs into designated boxes for small group leaders.
- Schedule and oversee all nursery and childcare staff on a monthly basis.
- Maintain communication with staff regularly via email or phone – lesson plans, schedules, updates, trainings, etc.
- Address any issues or conflicts that may arise during services to maintain ministry safety and effectiveness.
- Ensure all services and events are properly staffed.
- Supervise, equip, and support all nursery staff.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inform Children’s Minister of all supply needs regularly.
- Aide in set-up of all ministry areas for various services.
- Review, sign, and submit all completed payroll sheets to the Director of Finance bi-weekly.
- Monitor payroll and budgets monthly. Assist in adjusting yearly budgets as needed.
- Update policies and procedures regularly and train staff on all changes.
Qualification, Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Assist in the hiring of additional staff members as needed.
- Oversee that all Safe Sanctuary guidelines are being properly followed throughout all nursery/childcare areas.
- Assist in classrooms as needed.
- Work well within the CM Team in order to develop ideas and carry out future goals.
- Be a model for those who attend FUMC by being an example of personal integrity, discipleship and evangelism.
- Maintain a willingness to fulfill any other duties deemed necessary by the Children’s Minister.
- Loves Jesus, loves the Church and has a passion for children to love Jesus.
- Leader and problem solver with the ability to organize/motivate people.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. and climb stairs regularly.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Creative self starter and effective time manager.
- Strong technology and computer skills.
- Able to identify and meet the needs of each age in the nursery/childcare ministry.
- Leadership experience within a nursery and/or childcare ministry preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience within a related field.
Contact: Natalie Zook
950 7th St. Clermont 34711