Director of Contemporary Music and Worship (Full-Time)
Ocala First United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time Director of Contemporary Music and Worship. The primary responsibilities of the positon shall be the planning and leading of contemporary worship service(s) including, but not limited to, oversight of the Praise Band and Tech Crew, the selection of music in coordination with the co-pastors, and leading the congregation in worship through song and prayer. Additional responsibilities include development of children and youth worship arts ministries and assistance with any worship experiences at the church’s Tuesday Morning Outreach and other Fresh Expressions. Additional experience in audio, visual and technical arts a plus, including livestreaming, video editing, graphic design, and website design.
QUALIFICATIONS: A strong Christian faith. Bachelors degree in a field relevant to the position preferred. Knowledge and experience in contemporary Christian music. Knowledge and acceptance of the United Methodist theology and practice. Ability to work cooperatively and creatively as part of a ministry team.
- Participate in the creative planning of all worship with co-pastors and program staff
- In consultation with the co-pastors, select and plan music for the contemporary service(s)
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd music team leaders and musicians
- Rehearse and direct the Praise Band for the 9:00 am Contemporary Service. Determine rehearsal schedules, audition procedures, rotation of musicians and vocalists, etc. Provide individual practice and encouragement as needed.
- Lead the contemporary worship service (music and prayer), and empower others to develop their gifts for worship leadership
- Coordinate and sustain a musical presence within the community for the purpose of missional witness and outreach
- Manage equipment, instruments and music including copyrights. CCLI licenses and digital library
- Manage the budget for contemporary music ministries, and youth/children worship arts, in coordination with co-pastors and other staff. Keep an accurate accounting of expenditures.
- Ensure the tidiness of music ministry spaces (FLC Stage and Storage, Tech Booth, Youth and Children’s music areas)
- Coordinate and Communicate with the Tech Crew, including recruiting and assisting in the training of volunteers as needed.
- Work in coordination with the Director of Youth Ministries regarding the rehearsal and development of youth bands and vocalists for the middle and high school students.
- Develop additional worship arts projects for youth (instrumentals, vocals, drama, dance, visual arts) to encourage youth participation in the arts and in worship
- Work in coordination with the Director of Children and Family Ministries to develop a worship arts program for Children, including singing, dance, drama, visual arts, and instrumentals, and to encourage children’s participation in the arts and in worship
- Provide information for the church web site and other communication platforms.
- Perform other church related functions and duties as requested by the Clergy
- Communicate faithfully with the co-pastors and staff (including participation and presence at weekly staff meetings)
- Participate in the life and ministry of the church
Health insurance, pension, personal/sick days and vacation time as stated in personnel policies of FUMC, continuing education. Compensation and benefits shall be paid consistent with the church’s policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be established by the church.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
Maintain local and national memberships in field-related organizations. Active participation in the Florida United Methodist worship leader gatherings and training.
Medium Work: This job may require you to lift, reach, climb, carry, crawl, push and/or pull up to 40 pounds of force as needed. Repetitive movement may occur in some job types.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Extended hours beyond work day may be required on occasion.
Send resume and cover letters to
Rev. David Fuquay
1126 E. Silver Spring Blvd
Ocala, FL 34470
Contact: DAVID FUQUAY
1126 E Silver Springs Blvd Ocala FL 34470