Director of Children's Ministries - Part Time
Riviera is a congregation focused on young families. We involve children in worship, and in serving, and we have a thriving preschool. We are hiring a part-time (15 hrs/week) Director of Children's Ministry.
The primary ministry priority of our Director of Children’s Ministry (age birth – 5thgrade) is to lead, promote, and oversee the spiritual formation of children by engaging in personal weekly contact, with as many children as possible, by offering: friendship, activities, Biblical teachings, personal example, moral guidance, and the practice of prayer – all for the purpose of inviting them to know God as their friend, Lord, and Savior. Our Director of Children's Ministry is also there to assist parents in the development of biblical parenting skills so that young families are being formed spiritually. We believe that the church's role is to come alongside families, and partner with them, providing resources and guidance but empowering parents to be spiritual leaders for their children.
- Coordinate the children ministry for our congregation including but not limited to: Overseeing the planning, development, and review of education curriculum and applicable teaching materials for the ministry (i.e.Kid’s Church, Vacation Bible School, children’s small groups, mid-week programming, etc.)
- Outreach/Evangelism – we are always serving not just our church members, but reaching out to our community
- Be well acquainted with the age-level characteristics and needs of children in general and specifically in our neighborhood
- Participate in church-wide events and encourage children and their family’s participation.
- Be able to suggest and implement new possibilities for including the children in ministry.
- Recruit, train, equip, and motivate volunteer leaders and teachers in children’s ministries and events (i.e. Sunday school, Children’s Church, VBS, etc.).
- Communicate and distribute information regarding children’s activities and events.
- Oversee budget and expenditures for children’s ministries.
- Be available to greet children for Small groups or lead a small group.
- Plan and organize Children’s Ministry events
- Ensure the adherence to and periodic training of the Child and Youth Protection Policy.
- Supervise the children areas and equipment in regards to cleanliness to assure our church is a safe place for children and the adults who work with and care for them.
- Attend staff & Servant Ministry meetings as an advocate for the children’s ministry and be able to set, evaluate, and report progress on the goals of this ministry.
- Communicates vision and purpose of Children‘s Ministry to the church family.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours (one day a week) and keep office staff informed where you can be reached when not on site.
- Associates Degree or the equivalent to 2-years of college (60 credit hours) required. Bachelors Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5-year experience working with children or in children’s ministry required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and other basic computer skills
- The Director of Children’s Ministry reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Salary is paid bi-monthly – stipulated and reviewed by the Management Team. (approximately $15,000/year)
- Benefits include Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays as stipulated in the Riviera UMC Employee Handbook
- The Director of Children’s Ministry is encouraged to participate in one continuing education opportunity per calendar year at the expense of the church (see budget for details).
Applicants must provide a resume and a one-page, statement of faith (tell us about your relationship with Jesus).
Contact: Bonnie Culotta
Address: 175 62nd Ave N Saint Petersburg FL 33702