Associate Direction, Congregational Care Ministries
NEW COVENANT UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
The Villages, FL
Associate Director of Congregational Care Ministries
Associate Director of Congregational Care Ministries NCUMC (Global Position)
Director of Congregational Care Ministries
: The Associate Director of Congregational Care Ministries reports directly to the Director of Congregational Care and will coordinate with campus pastors regarding all matters involving congregational care ministries.
General Job Description
: The Associate of Director of Congregational Care is responsible for assisting the Director in developing, planning and executing the congregational care program for NCUMC and the local campuses under the direction of the Senior Pastor, which reflects the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Goals of NCUMC. The Associate Director will coordinate with campus pastors, as needed, to ensure their local congregational care needs are being addressed. In the absence of the Director, the Associate must be able to perform all duties of the Congregational Care Director.
- A deep personal commitment to Christ
- Commitment to and readiness to share in fulfilling the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Goals of NCUMC
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Consistently interact with congregants and public with warmth and hospitality
- Ability to work with a servant attitude in a cooperative team spirit
- Strong administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Compassion for ill, hurting and terminally ill people
- Ability to coordinate and train volunteers for Care Ministries
- Flexibility in duties and hours
- Willingness to visit in hospitals, homes and other facilities on weekends/evenings when people are very ill
- Competence with PC or Mac systems and Microsoft Office and Shelby software programs.
- Masters from an accredited seminary in process or completed strongly preferred.
- Candidate for United Methodist ministry preferred
- Under the supervision of the Congregational Care Director, co-ordinate the assignment and scheduling needs of the newly commissioned Congregational Care minister volunteers, currently a team of approximately 35-40 persons.
- This will involve co-ordination of care needs from phone and email contacts as well as care cards.
- It will include maintaining a system of ministry contact from initial referral, through providing care, to reporting contacts and providing feedback.
- This will include scheduling meetings, trainings, proficiency with our Shelby/Arena system and programs associated with Microsoft Office.
- In conjunction with the Director, train and supervise the volunteers in the department’s ministry areas including the Congregational Care ministers.
- Make preop and care phone contacts, including prayer
- Regularly visit in hospital and other facilities with love and compassion/primary visitation focus will be hospitals outside the Villages geographical area.
- In cooperation with the Director of Congregational Care, manage and supervise the ministries of the department; primary contact person for the Prime Time ministry.
- Participate in departmental and staff wide meetings/devotions
- Assume responsibility of ministry areas as assigned; supervise and grow them.
- Develop skills for leadership to perform memorials/funerals/liturgical roles.
- Serve on a rotating schedule with other on call pastors.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director or Senior Pastor
- Pray for congregational care ministry and its staff and leaders on a regular basis.
- Serve as liturgist at Campus services s needed or scheduled.
- This position may require staffing the care department office space at the Lake Deaton campus.
- The AD will attend a weekly care department staff meeting.
- This position will require scheduled office hours Monday through Friday, as well as weekend duties as they arise.
Contact: Anne Foote Hill
3470 Woodridge Drive The Villages FL 32162