Position works closely with the Church Missions & Outreach Director, lay and paid staff, and community partners in the administrative and programmatic coordination and support of local, domestic and global missions and outreach initiatives at the local Church level. Serves as the primary administrative contact with regard to campus-wide program activities, events and services. Evening, weekend and holiday work hours are required.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Support the Missions & Outreach Director in the administrative development, implementation and management of program operations and initiatives in furtherance of Church vision, mission and goals.
• Serve as the administrative contact for missions and outreach ministries, providing proactive and timely communication and information to program staff, volunteers and participants.
• Coordinate the administrative and functional planning of program activities, projects, events and initiatives, including logistical and financial considerations, advertising and communications, and regulatory compliance.
• Support the recruitment, training and coordination of ministry volunteers, ensuring appropriate training, background check, and safety procedures are followed and volunteers are properly vetted prior to program participation.
• Support the financial administration and management of ministry programs, including budget management, fundraising, grant and resource allocation, and expense reporting.
• Coordinate all administrative aspects of ministry-related meetings, committees, and functions, including records management, logistical arrangements, calendar coordination, registration and attendance.
• Support ministry integration into the life of the congregation by fostering spiritual growth, leading connection to Church and community resources, and encouraging proactive ministry participation.
• Act as the staff liaison to Missions & Outreach programs, participants, administrative committees and lay teams, providing administrative direction, ensuring process consistency and coordinating workflow.
• Maintain, distribute and file program-related documentation, records and materials, such as applications, manuals, correspondence, policies and procedures, in accordance with program requirements.
• Attend program meetings, events and functions, as requested or directed.
• Coordinate ministry communications, event planning and promotional materials, ensuring message suitability and compliance with internal Marketing and Communications standards and guidelines.
• Liaise with community groups, regulatory agencies, and other denominational missions and ministries for partnership and outreach purposes.
• Maintain appropriate boundaries while cultivating healthy professional relationships with program participants and their families.
• Understand and support the Church vision, mission, values and direction, as developed and communicated, proactively participating as a member of the Church staff team;
WHAT TO BRING
• Active membership in the United Methodist Church, supplemented by regular, consistent participation in a UMC worship congregation. (Transfer to FUMC Winter Park required upon hire.)
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social work or a related field. Equivalent work experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Previous administrative or office management experience, preferably in a faith-based, public service or non-profit organization.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to compose professional communications and adapt messages in an audience-appropriate manner.
• An understanding of lay-led discipleship and collaboration within a lay staff church structure.
• Prior missions or ministry formation, leadership or administration experience preferred.
• Excellent technological skills, including computer software, internet and mobile telecommunications programs and applications.
• A knack for details with excellent time-management, organizational and decision-making skills.
• Ability to remain professional under pressure and resolve conflict in a Christ-like manner.
• High level of discretion and emotional intelligence with the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain the strictest confidentiality.
• Proactive, progressive-thinking and positive approach and attitude.
Contact: Erin Corbelli
Address: 125 N Interlachen Avenue Winter Park FL 32789
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011