Job Title: Executive Assistant/Development Director
Reports To: CEO/Executive Director
Summary – The Executive Assistant will perform office and administrative duties to support the Executive Director and other executive management in all areas of supervising, planning and coordinating organizational activities of DLC including board meetings, events, fundraising and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Provides support to the Executive Director with regard to schedules and meetings, communications, and fundraising.
2. Assist with preparation and organizing of Board meetings.
3. Design, create and publish a quarterly newsletter for parents and donors/supporters.
4. Help create a marketing plan and carry out the duties of outreach through social media, mail outs, emails, phone calls, etc.
5. Assist the Executive Director in planning and executing events and fundraisers as well as assist the ED and board members to solicit sponsorships for two major events annually.
6. Coordinate volunteer groups that contact DLC and create events to encourage volunteers from civic groups, churches and businesses to cultivate donations.
7. Assist Executive Director and Board of Directors in building relationships with donors and steward past donors to encourage continued and increased giving.
8. Must be able to represent DLC in public forums and speak in public in place of the ED when needed.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned to fill in administratively.
1. Assist with research, scheduling, inputting info and compiling attachments for grant applications.
2. Help with group and individual tours of the center when ED not available.
3. Fill in at meetings when ED has conflicts as well as attend development group meetings to keep up with the lasts trends.
4. Support the needs of other executive staff as requested by the ED to assure programmatic growth.
5. Be willing to work outside of the regular office hours to support volunteer groups. Events and fundraisers.
6. Must be able to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
1. Bachelor’s degree in any field connected to communication, fundraising and development.
2. Be proficient in Microsoft office, Word, excel, publisher and power point.
3. Be experienced with coordinating staff, handling the general public and speaking in public.
4. Minimum of two years experience working in a communications/administrative role.
5. Must obtain DCF 45 hours of online training and certification as well as level 2 background screening to be able to work in a child serving program.
Contact: Amy Buggle
Address: 4101-1 College Street Jacksonville 32205
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011