Full-Time Director of Christian Outreach
(click here for full job description and application)
DIRECTOR OF CHRISTIAN OUTREACH
The role of the Director of Christian Outreach is to work with the Senior Pastor, staff, and ministry lay leader(s) to provide leadership to ministries and programs that assist every church member in proclaiming and demonstrating Jesus’ love beyond our church walls, both in our community and around the world. This position will oversee local and global outreach efforts, help meet the needs of people coming to the church for assistance, and help with pastoral care/visitation efforts.
Ministry staff members must live out high standards in areas of personal relationships, commitment to Christ, and responsible Christian living in the church and community and must view their positions as a calling from God.
- Reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
- Attends weekly Staff meetings.
- Helps ensure the members of TFUMC, regardless of age, are focused on serving others in Christian ministry.
- Promotes and supports participation in local ministries such as Vashti, Food Bank, Med Bank, BackPack Buddies, etc.
- Helps people find places to serve.
- Leads mission trip experiences.
- Oversees benevolence efforts for people who come to the church seeking assistance.
- Consult with the Senior Pastor, staff and ministry lay leader(s) in selecting, recruiting, training, supervising and encouraging volunteers for missions ministry leadership. The goal should be to develop leaders.
- Proposes the annual budget to the Finance Committee for this area of ministry by detailing expected monetary requirements for the upcoming year.
- Coordinates our efforts to meet the pastoral care/visitation needs of our congregants.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Pastor.
Salary is negotiable, and benefits are included.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree.
- Embraces United Methodist doctrine and theology.
- Previous ministry experience preferred.
- Demonstrates proficient computer skills.
- Demonstrates ability to relate positively with others.
TFUMC, a growing 1500-member church, is community-centered and outreach-oriented. It is located in a vibrant 40,000-person community in southern Georgia. Thomasville is 30 minutes north of Tallahassee, FL, and less than two hours from Gulf coast beaches.
Contact: Floyd White
425 N. Borad Street P.O. Box 975 Thomasville GA 31799