Full-Time Associate Pastor - Next Steps
(click here for full job description and job application)
ASSOCIATE PASTOR – NEXT STEPS
The role of the Associate Pastor is to work with the Senior Pastor, other staff, and ministry lay leader(s) to ensure that systems and programs/ministries are in place that encourage the people of TFUMC to grow more connected to God and each other.
Ministry staff members must live out high standards in areas of personal relationships, commitment to Christ, and responsible Christian living in the church and community and must view their positions as a calling from God.
- Reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
- Attends weekly Staff meetings.
- Develop clear pathways of discipleship that encourage a person to take the next step in their spiritual journey regardless of where they are spiritually.
- Develops systems that “capture” visitors and get them involved in the life of the church.
- Encourages small group participation by helping launch new groups, developing/coaching small group leaders, being a resource for small group curriculum needs, and helping new people find groups.
- Coordinates our discipleship efforts for all ages, (including Sunday School and other small groups).
- Consult with the Senior Pastor, staff and ministry lay leader(s) in selecting, recruiting, training, supervising and encouraging volunteers to serve in ministry. The goal should be to develop leaders.
- Proposes the annual budget to the Finance Committee for this area of ministry by detailing expected monetary requirements for the upcoming year.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Pastor.
Salary is negotiable, and benefits are included.
- Minimum of ministry-related master’s degree (or working toward receiving it).
- Minimum of 3 years ministry experience
- Embraces United Methodist doctrine and theology.
- Outgoing and able to quickly build relationships.
- Demonstrates proficient computer skills.
- Demonstrates ability to relate positively with others.
TFUMC, a growing 1500-member church, is community-centered and outreach-oriented. It is located in a vibrant 40,000-person community in southern Georgia. Thomasville is 30 minutes north of Tallahassee, FL, and less than two hours from Gulf coast beaches.
Contact: Floyd White
425 N. Borad Street P.O. Box 975 Thomasville GA 31799