Part-Time Music Director
Trinity United Methodist Church in Lakeland, FL is looking for a new part-time music director for our traditional service. The main responsibilities will include working with the pastor on worship planning, leading weekly choir practice, and leading the choir for our 9:30 worship service on Sundays. We are also looking for this individual to be able to play the piano and lead the choir as an accompanist in worship.
Start date for this position will be January 1st, 2019 at the earliest.
Other details are included below
- Knowledge of music with an emphasis on church music skills of piano.
- Skills of playing piano.
- Ability to direct/lead the congregation during music services.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other age groups.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the church staff.
- High standards in attitude, outlook, and morals.
- Lead weekly choir rehearsal.
- Coordinate and prepare choir to perform during Sunday morning worship.
- Coordinate music and prepare choir for special seasonal performances such as Christmas Cantata, Easter Cantata, Special 5th Sunday congregational hymn sings (optional) and special guest performances (optional).
- Cooperate with the Pastor and Worship Committee for Sunday congregational hymns.
- Coordinate special music each Sunday.
- Purchase music for the church through funds provided by the Worship Committee, music budget or Church Council and maintain the music library, supplies, and instruments related to the music programs of the church.
- Coordinate the functions of other pianists and other instrumentalists.
- Assist the Pastor in hymn selection for Sunday Service as requested.
- Provide leadership and attend Worship committee meetings.
- Lead and direct choir and music during Choir Season of September through May.
- Periodically involve children and youth in providing music for the Worship Service.
Contact: John Lucas
Address: 715 Cornelia Avenue Lakeland FL 33815