Part-Time Director of Music Ministry
Purpose of Position:
To help the congregation connect to God, connect to each other, and connect to the world by developing and promoting the music ministry of the church.
Approximately 15 Hours
Required for position:
Responsibilities of position:
- A heart for the Lord and for those seeking to worship and walk in His ways. A personal sense of call on life and an ongoing and developing relationship with the Lord and His call.
- A team player with a desire to support and encourage other staff and volunteers.
- Ability to interpret and support the church’s values through music ministry.
- Oversee and resource all music ministry for all worship services at the church.
- Plan Sunday morning services in consultation with the pastor and worship planning team.
- Supervise all paid and volunteer positions in church music.
- Seek out and encourage growth and participation from the congregation and community in the music ministry.
- Serve as a leader in the worship services, giving direction to the congregational singing, choir and other phases of worship including offertory and other soloists.
- In consultation with the pastor plan, select, and program music for other special worship services.
- Manage musical equipment, instruments and music, including copyrights and library.
- Draft and manage the music ministry budget.
- Plan special and seasonal programs
- Develop and lead a children’s/youth music team.
- Plan, organize and promote concerts
- Communicate on a weekly basis with the church office administrator as it relates to music ministry.
- Attend monthly church council meetings 7:00pm on the third Tuesday of the month (provide a report if unable to attend).
Contact: Ashley Tippens
225 W Wall St. Frostproof 33873