Reports to: Senior Pastor
Position Summary: Responsible for oversight of all audio and visual functioning of W.U.M.C. for all church events.
Assure full functioning of all audio and video systems of W.U.M.C. along with personally leading and teaching volunteers to assist as needed for all services and events.
- Assess, inspect, review and replace equipment
- Does existing equipment provide what is needed for W.U.M.C. to optimize the A/V and lighting aspects of services and events? If not, advise what is needed along with costs and benefits.
- Review, retire and purchase new equipment after gaining approval from Council.
- Provide seamless A/V and lighting for all events [examples include Sunday services, weekly rehearsals, seasonal services, weddings, funerals, community events (special services typically include additional compensation)]
- Before each service/event
- Check and balance mikes
- Check speakers before each service
- Check batteries
- Build a volunteer team to implement A/V services
- Provide on-going volunteer training on specific equipment
- Ensure that the highest ethical and professional standards are maintained (copyright licensing, safe workplace, etc.)
- Continue to develop personal skills through continuing education
- Meet with Pastor and Worship Team to design and implement worship experiences
- Record and upload services
- Social media (i.e. Facebook live including respond to those commenting and asking questions)
- Design and put together a “traveling worship” rig for doing services at the beach, at restaurants, etc.
College degree, and/or successful work experience initiating, establishing and maintaining top-notch A/V and lighting services in a similar environment to W.U.M.C.
Approximately 20 hours per week (time-sheet to be submitted and hours over 20 must be approved)
Initial pay range = $18-$22 / hour depending on qualifications.
- Compatible with Wesley’s vision and values / strong personal faith
- Successful work experience initiating, establishing and maintaining A/V systems in a similar environment including sound and video production
- Excellent people skills (positive, pleasant and a sense of humor)
- Is good at and enjoys being part of a team
- Organized yet flexible to meet changing needs
- Successful experience in recruiting, training, scheduling and, if needed, dismissing volunteers with grace
- Open to trying new ideas and ways of working
- Experience surfacing and bringing forward creative ideas and opportunities
- Experience working maturely through difficult situations
- Familiarity and experience with lighting systems
- Ability to lift/move up to 90 pounds
Contact: Rev Bill Fisackerly
350 S Barfield Marco Island FL 34145