Christian Education Director
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION DIRECTOR
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Position Summary: Guide and support Christian education at Wesley and the Marco community to encourage and enable individuals to grow in their faith and knowledge of Christianity.
Plan, organize, equip, direct, train and cast the vision for the Wesley congregation in levels of Christian education. Expand Wesley’s Christian education to the greater Marco community with the intent for this to be an opportunity for discipleship. This is inclusive of all ages and levels of education including, small groups, Bible studies, children’s education, seasonal studies and guest teachers/lecturers.
- Assess (continuously) current practices at Wesley and engage in opportunities for improvement by partnering with volunteer and paid leaders/teachers.
- Assess (continuously) best practices in other Churches and introduce them to Wesley.
- Engage with counterparts in other Churches to collaborate on best practices and ways to effectively improve.
- Cast a vision and detailed, pragmatic plan for what Christian education should and can be at Wesley for all ages and maturity levels along with a detailed plan to achieve the vision and any financial support that may be needed. Gain “buy in” from the leadership and congregants at Wesley.
- Implement the agreed plan.
- Celebrate success,
- Communicate upcoming and past education opportunities in all communication vehicles (website, social media, newsletter, bulletin, PPT, radio, newspaper, etc.) Use the communication channels as a vehicle to attract people to learning opportunities and to Wesley in general.
- Refresh plans as needed.
College degree, and/or successful work experience initiating, establishing and maintaining Christian education in a similar environment.
Initial Pay Rate:
$45,000 - $50,000 per year
- Compatible with Wesley’s vision and values / strong personal faith
- Successful work experience initiating, establishing and maintaining Christian education in a similar environment
- Solid electronic literacy
- Detailed in habits
- Excellent people skills (positive, pleasant and a sense of humor)
- Is good at and enjoys being part of a team
- Organized yet flexible to meet changing needs
- Keeps confidential matters, confidential
- Open to trying new ideas and ways of working
- Experience surfacing and bringing forward creative ides and opportunities
Experience working maturely through difficult situations
Contact: Rev Bill Fisackerly
350 S Barfield Marco Island FL 34145