Director of Youth Ministry & Worship Leader
Hollywood Hills UMC is seeking a full time Youth Director and Contemporary Worship Leader. We are a medium size church in a suburban location. This position may be split if we find 2 candidates capable of the jobs.
Youth Ministry (75% of Responsibilites)-
- Recruiting, training, & utilizing, volunteer staff
- Preparing learning experiences that effectively guide Junior and Senior high students toward spiritual maturity in the areas of Biblical Knowledge, Worship, Evangelism, Service, & Fellowship.
- Maintaining a program that’s consistent with, and supportive of, the vision of Hollywood Hills UMC
Contemporary Worship Leader (25% of Responsibilities)
- Work in partnership with the Pastor and Director of Worship Arts in organizing the worship experience that’s thematically consistent and focused on God and his attributes in an effort to develop a church of worshippers. This includes, but is not limited to, the choosing of music for worship on a weekly basis.
- Conduct weekly rehearsals in preparation for Sunday worship.
- Identify talent and giftedness in the area of worship, from among congregational attendees, and recruit them for participation.
- Lead Sunday morning worship through music and other forms, depending upon your giftedness.
- Have an ongoing, growing, relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Have a genuine love for all people, including the spiritually lost and wandering.
- Team player
- Display an ability to accurately study and convey biblical truths.
- Effective communication skills (verbally and in writing)
- Effective organization skills
- Possess basic computer skills
- Be familiar with, and able to function in, social media.
- Play a musical instrument and be able to lead worship vocally.
Contact: Kevin Johnson
400 N 35th Ave Hollywood 33021