Director of Children's Ministry
First United Methodist Church of Dunedin is seeking a Part time Director of Children’s ministry. This is a salaried position of 20 hours per week. First UMC Dunedin is a vibrant church in the heart of downtown Dunedin that is growing and engaging our community. We are seeking someone who is passionate about Children’s Ministry to take over, grow, and enhance our children’s program of approximately 30+ active children on a weekly basis. We have a multi-cultural children’s program with many children from our Micronesian Mission ministry.
Title: Director of Children’s Ministry
Hours: Part time, 20 hours per week, Salaried.
Report To: Lead Pastor
General Description: The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible for planning, administering, and implementing all activities of the church relating to newborns through 5th grade. This includes, selecting/creating Bible based curriculum for the children’s department. Recruiting, training and supporting volunteers/teachers for Sunday morning, Wednesday night programming, and other activities relating to children’s ministry.
- A strong commitment to Jesus Christ and the Church.
- A heart for children, and desire to see them grow in their faith journey.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and creative.
- College Degree preferred.
- Prior experience in Children’s Ministry preferred.
- United Methodist background preferred, but not essential.
- Pass background check.
- Competent in use of computer and related software for Child Check-In.
- Responsible for nursery care of 2-year-olds and younger during all regular Sunday and Wednesday services – and for special events as needed.
- Responsible for classes and activities for 3-year-olds through 5th graders during all regular Sunday and Wednesday services – and for special events as needed.
- Responsible for special events such as Vacation Bible School, 3rd Grade Bible Presentation, Trunk-or-Treat, and other events involving children.
- Provide safety and security for all participants, and ensure compliance with child protection policies. Help lead Child Protection Policy training classes and unsure that all volunteers are trained and screened.
- Work alongside other staff members and ministry teams to support and strengthen the entire ministry of FUMCD.
- Collect and report attendance for all nursery and children’s programs each week.
- Supervise paid nursery workers
- Schedule nursery workers and volunteers for programming
- Submit budget to administration team
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Submit article for monthly newsletter
Please send resume to Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Jason Knott
421 Main St Dunedin FL 34698
Phone: (727) 733-4139