Director of Contemporary Music and Worship
First United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time Director of Contemporary Music and Worship.
Job Title: Director of Contemporary Music and Worship
Department: Program Staff
Reports to: Co-Pastors
Terms of Employment: Full-Time, Salaried position
Benefits: Health insurance, pension, personal/sick days and vacation time as stated in personnel policies of FUMC, continuing education. Compensation and benefits shall be paid consistent with the church’s approved plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be established by the church.
Position Overview: The primary responsibilities of the Director of Contemporary Music and Worship shall be the planning and leading of contemporary worship service(s) including, but not limited to, oversight of the “Praise Band,” the selection of music and themes in coordination with the co-pastors, and leading the congregation in worship through song and prayer. Additional responsibilities include development of a Children and Youth Ministries music program in coordination with program staff, as well as assistance with any worship experiences at the church’s Tuesday Morning Outreach ministries.
QUALIFICATIONS: A strong Christian faith. Bachelors degree in a field relevant to the position preferred. Knowledge and experience in contemporary Christian music. Knowledge and acceptance of the United Methodist theology and practice. Ability to work cooperatively and creatively as part of staff ministry team.
- Participate in the creative planning of all worship with co-pastors and program staff
- In consultation with the co-pastors, select and plan music for the contemporary service(s)
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd music team leaders and musicians
- Rehearse and direct the Praise Band for the 9:00 am Contemporary Service. Determine rehearsal schedules, audition procedures, rotation of musicians and vocalists, etc. Provide individual practice and encouragement as needed.
- Lead the contemporary worship service (music and prayer), and empower others to develop their gifts for worship leadership
- Coordinate and sustain a musical presence within the community for the purpose of missional witness and outreach (via performances at community events, hosting concerts, or other activities as appropriate)
- Manage equipment, instruments and music including copyrights. CCLI licenses and digital library
- In coordination with co-pastors and other staff, draft and manage the budget for contemporary music ministries, youth music ministries, and children music ministries. Keep an accurate accounting of expenditures.
- Ensure the tidiness of music ministry spaces (FLC Stage and Storage, Tech Booth, Youth and Children’s music areas)
- Coordinate and Communicate with the Tech Crew, including recruiting and assisting in the training of volunteers as needed.
- Work in coordination with the Director of Youth regarding the rehearsal and development of youth bands and vocalists for the middle and high school students. Develop additional “worship arts” projects for youth (instrumentals, vocals, drama, dance, visual arts) to encourage youth participation in the arts and in worship
- Work in coordination with the Director of Children and Family Ministries to develop a worship arts program for children, including singing, dance, drama, visual arts, and instrumentals, and to encourage children’s participation in the arts and in worship
- Perform other church related functions and duties as requested by the co-pastors
- Communicate faithfully with the co-pastors and staff (including participation and presence at weekly staff meetings)
- Participate in the life and ministry of the church
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Extended hours beyond work day may be required on occasion.
Contact: David Fuquay
1126 E Silver Springs Blvd Ocala FL 34470