Church Pianist / Organist
Ebenezer United Methodist Church accepting applications for part-time Pianist/Organist to accompany choir and support congregational singing during worship services.
- Collaborate with worship leaders to provide appropriate organ/piano music for 10AM Sunday morning worship. Sunday service generally includes but not limited to: Gathering Music, Prelude, Hymns/Songs (selected by the choir director, Pastor or through collaboration), Choral Anthems/Special Music, Offertory, Communion, Postlude
- Rehearse once per week with the choir and occasionally with other ensembles or soloists, if needed. Rehearsals are typically on Thursdays,
- Choral groups include mass choir, youth choir, praise/gospel choir and male ensemble.
- Meet as needed with the worship planning team to plan and prepare for worship services and other events.
- Additional services and events that are part of base pay may include choir concerts, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter service, Advent/Christmas services. These additional rehearsals, services/events are scheduled with the worship planning team.
- Provide for qualified substitutes for all absences.
- Provide accompaniment for funerals, memorial services, and weddings as needed.
- Possess solid musical skills on the organ and/or piano with ability to read music.
- Strong team player with good sense of humor and positive attitude
- Able to work well, and interact with choral groups, staff and congregation
- Committed to the church's vision, mission, leadership, and people.
- Relevant experience in same or similar role in church setting.
Please email response, including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Pastor Sherlain Stevens
2001 NW 35th Avenue Miami FL 33142
Phone: (305) 635 7413