Administrative Office Assistant
We are a growing church based in Cocoa Beach, FL that empowers staff to fully develop their gifts and talents in service to a crystal-clear mission. As leaders serve the mission in ways that connect to their personal passions, we encourage creativity, innovation, and collaboration. Big things are happening at our church, and as a staff member you will have the honor of helping create positive and lasting change on the Florida Space Coast!
Our Church: First United Methodist Church of Cocoa Beach (FUMCCB) is a growing mainline Christian church with open hearts, open minds, and open doors. Our mission is to learn and practice the teachings of Jesus in ways that create communities of love, and our core values are compassion, authenticity, and inclusiveness. We believe that God loves all people, welcomes them into the church, and works through various ministries to effect spiritual transformation. For more information, see http://fumccb.com/about-fumccb/our-beliefs.
The Position: We’re looking for a Church Administrative Assistant. The pay range we’re offering is $24,000--$27,000 per year. We offer:
- Reasonable hours (about 37 per week) with flexibility in time.
- Discounts at our preschool for employees.
- The opportunity to work with a great team.
- A supervisor that empowers staff to fully develop their gifts, talents, creativity, and passions (no micro-managing).
- On the job training to ensure success.
- Strong moral character and work ethic. Willing to be held accountable.
- High level of commitment to the mission, vision, and core values of FUMCCB.
- Positive, professional, and friendly attitude. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently (self-directed, resourceful).
- Highly organized with an eye for detail.
- Strong business writing skills.
- Two years of experience as an administrative assistant or secretary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and basic PC computer skills.
- Bookkeeping experience, preferred.
- Associates degree or higher, preferred.
- Secretarial duties: receives incoming calls, transcribes messages, and routes communications; makes copies and produces other high-quality print materials such as bulletins, inserts, promotions, notices, connect cards, sign-up sheets, membership certificates and badges, etc.; drafts and sends business emails and produces online newsletters; maintains an accurate and user-friendly office filing system; completes District and Conference reports; routes incoming and outgoing mail; prepares materials for joint staff meetings and Lead Team meetings; attends and takes minutes at meetings as required.
- Receives and stores money remitted to the church office throughout the week, processes purchase orders, prepares expense reports for the pastor, and assists the finance team as needed (counting money, completing reports, etc.).
- Maintains church calendar for all approved activities in the sanctuary building and fellowship hall, ensures proper climate control, informs users of potential scheduling conflicts.
- Works with the pastor to track members in the church assimilation and discipleship system: keeps an accurate record of first-time guests and new members, tracks where people are in the disciple-making process, and sends invitations encouraging people to take their next step. Keeps accurate records for church membership, groups/classes, shut-ins, and those on the church prayer list.
First UMC is based in Cocoa Beach, FL. This is a great place to live because we have beautiful beaches, a family friendly community, and amazing rocket launches!
Send resume to Rev. Mark Reynolds.
Contact: Rev. Mark Reynolds
3300 N. Atlantic Ave. Cocoa Beach 32931