Crawfordville United Methodist Church (CUMC) invites applicants for the full-time, exempt position of Director of Student Ministries.
Crawfordville UMC is seeking a strategic person to build disciples for Christ by leading the Christian education, guidance and mentoring of middle school, high school, and college-age students. The qualities we are looking for include a deep relationship with Jesus Christ, high moral charater, excellent communication skills, a passion for discipleship, and a calling from God to be Director of Student Ministries with a relational approach to the position.
Our Wakulla County community has ~30,000 total residents, is in the "Big Bend" of Florida along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico, twenty minutes south of the capital city of Tallahassee, and a short drive to the coast, including destinations of St George's Island, Panama City, and Destin.
General responsibilities include:
1) Provide moral developmental and spiritual growth in an age-appropriate manner.
2) Be responsible for activities and special events oriented for CUMC youth.
a) Lead the weekly Sunday School, Sunday evening, and Wednesday youth programs.
b) Organize missional work in the community and greater world, including an annual mission trip, annual Methodist camp programs and activities, "Lunch-with-Students," mentoring programs, and "fun activities" for youth.
c) Be active in community programs such as Food Pantry, Farm Share, CUMC student fund raising, and others recommended by the Charge Conference and support our students in school programs.
3) Participate in Church activities with the senior pastor.
4) Be available for podium announcements and some Sunday sermons that illustrate youth leadership and Christian belief and follow United Methodist Church tenets.
5) Attend organizational meetings of the Church, District, and Conference, and support youth-related policies including a communications program of a CUMC Bulletin, Newsletter, Facebook, and other appropriate/approved social media tools.
To apply, forward a letter of intent, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to Dr. Hazel Walker, Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) Chairperson at E-mail below.
*Bachelor's Degree. Focus in Divinity/Religion, Student Leadership, Counseling and/or Education is a plus.
*Experience in student ministry/campus Christian program leadership is desired.
*A valid driver's license and a personal car will be required.
Contact: Dr. Hazel Walker, SPRC Chairperson
Address: P. O. Box 37 176 Ochlockonee Street Crawfordville 32326
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011