Part Time Director Children's Ministry
Lakeshore United Methodist Church 2246 Blanding Blvd. Jacksonville, Florida is seeking a Part time Director of Children’s ministry. This is a salaried position with a minimum of 20 hours per week. Applicant should have a heart for Jesus and children, be energetic and are strongly encouraged to bring new and exciting strategies to make our children’s ministry relevant and appealing to today’s culture. Applicant should submit resume with reference to email@example.com.
Hours: Part time Salaried position. Minimum 20 hours per week.
General Description: The Director of Children’s Ministry will select/create Bible based curriculum for the children’s department. The individual will recruit, train and support volunteers/teachers for Sunday School, KidZ Church, Wednesday night programming and other activities relating to children’s ministry. The Director of Children’s Ministry will report directly to the Pastor.
- Strong commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and creative.
- Genuine concern for all people
- Capacity to relate with all people in a sensitive, respectful and confidential manner.
- Prior experience in Children’s Ministry a plus
- United Methodist background preferred but not essential
- Written recommendation of applicant’s pastor
- Pass background check
- Competent in use of computer and related software
- Contact visiting families giving information about children and adult programs and activities
- Contact families, with children, who have not been attending
- Work with SPRC in hiring of Nursery workers.
- Take Continuing Education classes and/or training as needed and/or recommended by Pastor/SPRC
- Maintain Certification in CPR and first aid; provide training for volunteers/teachers.
- Keep congregation informed of the church’s educational ministries by weekly bulletin, email notification, newsletter and/or Facebook
- Keep regular office hours.
- Children’s programming and staffing will include:
Nursery – newborn and children less than 2 years of age
Toddlers – age 2 to 3
Children’s Sunday School and KIDZ Church – grade K4 thru 2nd grade
Children’s Sunday School and KIDZ Church – 3rd grade thru 5th grade
- Select/Create Bible-based curriculum for all classes/programs; nursery, toddlers, Sunday School, KIDZ church and Wednesday night programs.
- Identify and develop new programs and classes for children as needed
- Supervise, train and schedule paid nursery staff
- Recruit, train and encourage volunteers/teachers for Sunday school, KIDZ church and other children’s programs.
- Ensure that all classes/programs have a volunteer/teacher; stepping in and teaching/volunteering when required.
- Ensure the correct child/adult radio as directed by district guidelines.
- Maintain list of nursery, toddler, Sunday School, KIDZ Church volunteer/teachers.
- Secure background check for all nursery workers, volunteers/teachers before they start working with infants, toddlers, and children.
- Demonstrate a positive and friendly attitude with children and parents who are in your care.
- Maintain a secure environment for nursery and children rooms
- Organize and coordinate Children’s programs as an outreach to the community
- Trunk or Treat
- Summer program such as Sports Camp or Vacation Bible School
- Other outreach that helps reach the community
- Manage Sunday school supplies, curriculum and coordinate with church administration team.
- Organize children activities for any special church activity that may be assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Collect and report attendance for all nursery and children’s programs each week.
- Submit budget to administration team
- Attend Staff Meetings when scheduled
- Attend monthly Administration meeting
- Provide reports requested by Pastor
- Submit article for monthly newsletter
2246 Blanding Blvd. Jacksonville FL 32210
Phone: (904) 388-1780