Director of Music Ministries/Organist
Bainbridge (GA) First United Methodist Church is looking for a full-time Director of Music Ministries/Organist, who will be responsible for and direct or supervise all music programs within the church, maintaining a broad choral-, instrumental-, and handbell-based program which includes opportunities for all age levels, 2-year-olds through mature adults (as talent and commitment allow) and which teaches the responsibilities of worship leading and discipleship. The Director of Music Ministries/Organist will also serve as the liaison between the Worship Ministry Team and Staff and provide support to all worship areas.
Criteria: The successful candidate will:
- Be a committed Christian who feels called to serve in music and worship ministry
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Music Education, Church Music, or a related field
- Have 5 years experience
- Embrace United Methodist doctrine and theology
- Work cooperatively with all other ministry areas and staff
- Possess highly-developed organizational and interpersonal skills
- Have competency in budgeting
- Be experienced in worship planning and development
- Have detailed knowledge of the liturgical/seasonal calendar and of sacred choral, solo, ensemble, and handbell music of all styles
- Pass a criminal background check
A willingness to work with and assist in the leadership of Contemporary Worship will be considered a plus.
Compensation will be based on experience.
Bainbridge FUMC is a 690-member church, is located in a 12,000-person community in southwest Georgia. The church offers offers both contemporary and traditional worship settings. Bainbridge is 45 minutes north of Tallahassee, FL, and about two hours from Gulf Coast beaches.
A full job description is available at https://www.bainbridgefirstumc.org
If interested, please send a resume and brief statement of personal testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Bainbridge First United Methodist Church
ATTN: Music Director Search
P.O. Box 541
Bainbridge, GA, 39818
Contact: Michaael T. Brown
PO Box 541 Bainbridge 39818