Choir Director/Organist/Pianist for Traditional Worship
Morrison United Methodist Church of Leesburg, FL is seeking a dynamic full-time Choir Director / Organist / Pianist for our Traditional Worship service. [This is one position.]
· Work with the pastor, worship leaders, and choir in leading worship.
· Select music for and direct the choir for traditional worship as well as special and seasonal worship services.
· Accompany the choir on organ or piano.
· Accompany congregational singing.
· Provide office manager with music information for the bulletin.
· Direct the bell choir.
· Develop a children’s choir.
· Attend weekly staff and worship leader meetings.
· Arrange for substitutes when absent.
· Arrange for routine maintenance of the instruments.
· Support and uplift congregational worship through well-prepared music and worship planning for the traditional service.
· Prepare inspirational music for worship services, weddings, and funerals, and other special events as needed.
· Recruit congregants for the choir.
· Collaborate with contemporary worship leader for special services.
· Provide music that encompasses the breadth of traditional worship (e.g. Classical style music such as Bach to Bill Gaither style music.)
Skills & Abilities
· A teachable spirit and willingness to learn Morrison’s culture and values. Our mission is to “Connect people to God’s transforming love through worship, discipleship, fellowship, and service.
· Leading groups of singers.
· Team building and shepherding of traditional music teams.
· Music degree (experience may qualify – to be determined by hiring committee).
· Demonstrated experience in leading inspirational Traditional Worship, choral and instrumental directing.
· Skills in organ and piano music accompaniment.
· Skills in directing choral groups.
· Must be able to work under the guidelines and policies of Morrison United Methodist as well as the United Methodist Church and the Florida Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church.
· Must be able to function as a part of the staff team and live within its relational covenant.
· Must be a follower of Jesus Christ.
· Will meet annually with the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
· Traditional Worship music volunteers
· Piano: Yamaha grand piano
· Organ: Aeolian-Skinner Organ Company, Opus 1330 Klug & Schumacher, Inc. 3 Manuals - 60 Ranks - 3,428 Pipes
· More information about the organ may be found here: http://www.morrisonumc.org/home/180009188/180009188/Images/MorrisonOrganBrochure.pdf.
· Worship services may be viewed at our website: www.morrisonumc.org
Contact: David Stauffer, pastor
1005 W. Main St. Leesburg, FL 34748
Email resumes and links to records of your playing/directing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to submit resumes is September 10, 2018
Position is available November 1 (may be negotiated to October 1).
Contact: Rev. David Stauffer
Address: 1005 W. Main St. Leesburg 34748
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011