Financial Services Fund Accountant
Financial Services Fund Accountant
Trinity United Methodist Church of Palm Beach Gardens
9625 N. Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
561.622.5278 | trinitypbg.org
Trinity United Methodist Church of Palm Beach Gardens (TUMC) is seeking a full-time Financial Services Fund Accountant. The Fund Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles to discern special purpose funds from a general fund, as well as maintaining records of financial stewardship. The Fund Accountant will retain records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, and other financial activities. This includes the preparation of the annual budget and maintaining the general ledger. The Fund Accountant is responsible for analyzing data in order to prepare financial information in compliance with applicable Florida Conference Fiscal Management policies and procedures and other related regulations. This position works closely with the Lead Pastor and other church leaders and is accountable for interpreting financial reports to them. Additionally, the Fund Accountant works in coordination with the Principal, Staff Accountant, and the school board of Trinity Christian School (TCS). An important part of this position is the ability of the Fund Accountant to relate to colleagues within a covenantal relationship created by, agreed upon, and regulated by TUMC staff members.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
This position requires a person of high character and competency that is comfortable working in a faith-based environment. Must be able to pass a criminal background check. This person will need to become conversant with and work in cooperation with the fundamental beliefs, social principles, and practices of the United Methodist Church, as well as TUMC Staff Covenant.
The necessary skills to be efficient as the Fund Accountant include:
- Data Analysis
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- General Ledger Accounting
- Tax Compliance
- Communication Skills
- Proficiency in Automated Church System (ACS) preferred
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
This position is an exempt, full-time (35 hours per week) position
that reports directly to the Lead Pastor and includes supervising the Lay Teller Team and financial services volunteers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collect invoices, check requests, and purchase orders and match with packing slips and receivers. Code each bill with the appropriate general ledger account number, post same to the appropriate general ledger account number and post same to the computer.
- Check bank balance.
- Run accounts payable reports list, as well as open accounts payable reports to determine payment schedules.
- Enter and post any journal entries.
- Collect weekly teller contribution reports and post same to individual parishioner records.
- Generate monthly revenue and expense reports.
- Receive, code and process monthly VISA charges based upon a review of staff submissions.
- Reconcile checking and investment accounts.
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll and payroll tax deposits.
- Prepare financial reports and analysis
- Generate quarterly record of contributions and provide point of contact support to resolve concerns.
- Prepare quarterly 941 report.
- Prepare quarterly financial statement for the Trinity Endowment Committee.
- Prepare and submit corporate annual reports, and renewal of incorporation and tax exemption as necessary.
The Financial Services Fund Accountant will be provided a private office within an office suite where all church staff work. The office is comfortable and quiet with overhead lighting. There is an accessible entrance into the office suite with access to the private office. The office area includes accessible restrooms and conferencing area.
For consideration, please complete the “Application for Employment”: https://flumc.s3.amazonaws.com/56E2F623D2DE42198F398EE8694A88FB_Application%20for%20Employment.pdf
and email it to email@example.com
, along with a copy of your resume. Email submission only, please. This position carries a high degree of responsibility, so qualified applicants only.
Contact: Rev. Tim Smiley
9625 N. Military Trail Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410