Human Resources Generalist
||11500 NW 12th Ave, Miami, FL 33168
||· Employee paid medical insurance
· Affordable dental, vision and short-term disability plans
· 12 paid holidays per year
· Generous paid time off
· 6% retirement matching
This position provides practical, consistent and proactive HR support and leadership for the organization. The HR Generalist has oversight of many of the employment and compensation structures at Branches. Because Branches has grown tremendously from its grassroots origins, ongoing project-based assignments are a necessity to ensure a healthy, high-performance culture at Branches.
Recruitment, Hiring and Onboarding
Employee & Member Relations
- Utilize the applicant tracking system as a tracking and communication tool
- Arrange for the internal and external advertising and posting of position vacancies based agreed upon timelines and process with hiring managers
- Lead the coordinating of interviewing, staffing logistics, space, technology, and equipment
- Process and review employment applications to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants based on Branches technical competencies
- Implement the recruiting strategy for the year/season
- Oversee assigned position openings from position creation/redesign through onboarding
- Monitor the recruitment and selection process, communicate with all stakeholders, and provide support to hiring managers
- Responsible for new hire transactions and procedures, pertinent data entry and paperwork
- Disseminate communication to new hires, hiring managers, and Accounting relative to start date, training schedules, salary, etc.
- Responsible for new hire orientation and on-boarding, coordinating scheduling with managers
- Utilize checklists to ensure accountability and accuracy of processes for new hires, managers; update checklists as organizational needs and stakeholder requirements change
- Coordinate the background screening, reference checks, employment and education verifications of selected candidates
- Provide education and training to new hires, employees, and managers on policies and procedures of the organization as well as diversity, sexual harassment and handling common workplace issues
- Follow-up with new hires and supervisors on the effectiveness of the orientation process in order to periodically update the onboarding process
- Acknowledge, research if needed, and address inquiries coming from any employees or AmeriCorps members and direct them to resources
- Prioritize employee request for employment verification, proof of employment letters, etc.
- Maintain position descriptions, provide guidance in the development of new descriptions as staffing needs arise
- Provide support in the accuracy of payroll processing
- Examine employee files to monitor compliance, answer inquiries and request information for personnel actions
- Maintain electronic employee records in Paylocity and Zenefits; audit for accuracy; and run reports as requested and needed for internal HR purposes
- Organize appreciation events, and rewards and recognition programs for employees and members such as birthday and anniversary recognition etc.
- Recommend solutions to management and initiate plans to increase employee and member engagement
- Conduct exit interviews and procedures
- Facilitate employee and/or member training as needed and in collaboration with Directors
Strategic Human Resources Management & Risk Management
- Administer benefits of personnel and AmeriCorps members
- Liaise with benefits broker to ensure cost effectiveness, quality, and accuracy of benefits
- Lead open enrollment process and education, which includes obtaining board approval of benefits plans for the following contract year
- Audit invoices from benefits vendors to ensure accuracy of charges and credits; liaison with Zenefits for assistance in resolution of any issues
Education and Experience
- Make policy recommendations; research and develop policy, procedures and standards for the organization in line with culture and the organizational goals
- Stay abreast of HR trends, practices and relevant regulatory changes to inform and update Branches strategy and policies including the Employee Handbook
- Monitor and manage budgets for the HR Department
- Compile and maintain employee records from screening through employment cycle to retirement; audit records with regularity to ensure they remain in compliance
- Assist the Executive Director with personnel-related hearings or investigations by compiling requested information
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Training and Development, or related field, highly desired
- Master’s in Human Resources Management, Training and Development, or related field is a plus
- Certifications in Professional in Human Resources (PHR®), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®), Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR®) are also a plus
- Minimum one year of previous experience of working in an HR function
· Strategic Thinking
· Problem Solving and Analysis
· Administration and Management
· Process Orientation
· Social Perceptiveness
· Data Analysis
· Relationship Management
· Organizational Development
WHO WE ARE
· Service Orientation
· Learning Orientation
· Planning and Organization
· Cross Cultural Sensitivity
· Partnership Development
Branches exists to serve, educate and inspire people through student, family and financial stability services in partnership with our communities. Branches provides opportunities for working poor families to help them and their children become better educated and more financially stable in the long-term. Our program areas that serve children and youth focus on student achievement, and our Achieve programs focus on financial stability services for families and individuals. The Grow program provides after-school enrichment and tutoring for elementary students. The Climb program serves middle and high school students to enable them to succeed in school and life. The Achieve programs serve adults and provide small business development services, free tax prep, affordable car loans, and hunger relief. We also provide personal financial coaching through the United Way Center for Financial Stability, which we house and operate.
Our values shape our culture and guide our actions and decisions each day. Each value and its statement convey the ways we live up to this commitment and fulfill our mission. To be a high impact organization, we hold ourselves responsible for adhering to our values as our principles:
We strive to exceed the expectations of those we serve including everyone who is connected to our mission. We adopt an attitude of service by actively listening, being proactive and inspirational. We aspire to provide quality service and efficient support while being resourceful and persistent both for those we serve and for one another. Professionalism for us includes respecting for one another, upholding high quality service standards, and being actively engaged as we aim to make a long-term impact.
We take ownership and full responsibility of our roles and organization’s impact. We know that all of our actions and decisions impact others. We seek solutions, take action and make decisions that will result in a high standard. We take pride in this standard, knowing that our work touches many lives.
We believe that collaboration within and between our teams as well as with our partners leads to better outcomes. We apply our strengths, use our gifts, communicate well, and promote positive relationships that foster strong teams. Synergy grows from teamwork, cooperation and interdependence. Collaboration leads to mutually reinforcing relationships among our team members and with our valued stakeholders.
We are motivated to help people alleviate suffering and hardships and are energized by the opportunity to care for and serve others. Our passion to serve is evident by the quality of our work, the stories we share and the positive attitude and energy we bring to work every day. Our compassion is evident by the respect and care we show to all people.
We achieve a high level of trust by caring for each other and holding one another accountable to be truthful and dependable in all our relationships and decisions. We align our words with actions so that we are consistent and reliable each day. We attain our goals by creating clear, accurate, transparent systems and uphold the highest ethical standards in managing our resources and relationships.
A majority of the work (80%) is performed in regular office conditions. Recruitment events, meetings and site visits may require travel to various locations (20%).
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Revision Date: December 4, 2017
Contact: David Metcalfe
11500 NW 12th Ave Miami FL 33168
Phone: (305) 442-8306 x2009