Financial Services: General Clerk (Part Time / 12-15 hours)
The mission of First United Methodist Church (First UMC) is to make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World. We do this by being a Worship + 3 church. We begin with God. WORSHIP: Worship is central to who we are as disciples of Jesus Christ. INVITE: We are an inviting church, inviting people to know and experience the love of God. GROW” We are a growing church, committed to growing in our relationship with and understanding of God. SERVE” We are a church, which serves and are committed to serving in areas of mission, justice and restoration.
The General Clerk serves as the Contribution Coordinator, which coordinates all aspects of giving by members of the congregation, pledge management, and online giving. Providing support and assistance in the administration and day-to-day operations of financial related tasks including, but not limited to general bookkeeping and payroll processing as directed by the Church Administrator.
- Posts contributions to individual accounts
- Distributes quarterly statements of giving to membership
- Maintains and coordinates gifts of stock
- Coordinates initial and follow up pledge campaign mailings
- Processes pledges received
- Creates and maintains various logs and reports as necessary
- Manages related duties including establishment of funds, giving information, monthly journal entries that includes all contributions and other income, etc.
- Performing other financial duties as directed by Church Administrator including but not limited to assisting in and providing backup support for general bookkeeping and payroll responsibilities.
Associate degree in accounting related field preferred.
The ability to multi-task with low level of frustration with interruptions and last minute changes in a fast-paced environment. Proficiency with computer applications (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook). Skills should include data input and the use of adding machines, computers, keyboards, calculators, and other manual and automated office equipment. Must possess a general knowledge of bookkeeping principles, mathematical methods and techniques. Skilled in performing basic mathematical computations; in reviewing and processing financial documents; in reconciling financial data using financial software. Ability to communicate effectively to church members, vendors and staff. Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships. Must be very attentive to detail and maintain accuracy.
Two-year experience in field is preferred.
TO APPLY OR LEARN MORE ABOUT THE POSITION, PLEASE VISIT THE CHURCH WEBSITE:
Contact: Harriet S Mayes
72 Lake Morton Drive Lakeland FL 33801