Youth Ministries Coordinator (Part Time / 20 hours)
The Youth Ministries Coordinator is responsible for supporting the director in the operations of the Church’s youth ministries ensuring spiritual growth for all youth in the life of the church. In conjunction with the Director of Youth Ministries, he/she will provide operational support for youth in sixth through 12th grades.
Ministerial related responsibilities, including but not limited to, in conjunction with or under the direction of the Director:
- Plans, organizes and implements activities such as Vacation Bible School, Confirmation, Fundraisers and Missions, etc.
- Participates in various youth ministries including Sunday school, Sunday and Wednesday night youth activities.
- Participates, as directed, in all youth ministries such as mission trips, summer and school year programming, camping and retreat opportunities.
- Identifies, engages and cultivates relationships with adults who will serve in youth ministry.
- Attends Worship, offering support to youth attending and participating in worship.
- Supports the ministry of acolytes and crucifers.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates all Youth Ministry programming (including, but not limited to: (Sunday school, Sunday Night Youth Worship, Wednesday Night programming, retreats, missions, outings, summer camps).
- Coordinates Sunday school schedule; preview/develop curriculum and schedule, identify teachers, create annual calendar including classes, teaches, and dates.
- Implements Confirmation program; preview/develop curriculum and schedule, schedule pastors for Confirmation.
- Communicates with parents, students, and adult youth workers; email, texting services, and social media.
- Organizes Youth Ministry fundraisers; Pumpkin Patch, Missions Dinner (Stockholders Meeting).
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Youth and College Age Ministries and Church Pastors.
The Youth Ministries Coordinator shall be grounded in basic Christian doctrine, having and professing faith in Jesus Christ. He/she shall agree to uphold the Staff Social Covenant and Church Personnel Policies. He/she shall be familiar and in consonance with Wesleyan theology, United Methodist Church polity and practice. He/she must have a thorough understanding of ministry to youth and shall demonstrate managerial skills necessary to oversee the staff, volunteers and program of the Youth Ministries at First United Methodist Church of Lakeland, Fl. He/she shall be committed to and seeking opportunities for personal and professional growth, willing and able to work with other staff/areas of the ministry of this church in a collegial manner.
An associate degree is preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication, information management, recordkeeping skills, strong planning, organization and problem solving skills; creative and nurturing leadership required. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite is essential. Comfortable using social media as a communication and outreach tool for the Youth Ministry. Must have an understanding of psychological, emotional, social and spiritual development of youth, 6th
grades; available to help youth and their families with questions and concerns.
Two years working or volunteering with youth and in a church or school setting is preferred.
A member of First United Methodist Church.
: To lead youth to a greater understanding of and into a deeper and more personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Fully support all aspects of the ministry to youth at First United Methodist Church. Work in a collaborative and supportive manner with all staff and volunteers. Communicate in a timely and clear manner.
Director of Youth and College Age Ministries
In conjunction with the Director of Youth and College Age Ministries, supervises the Youth Ministry worker/intern.
TO APPLY VISIT THE CHURCH WEBSITE AT:
Contact: Harriet S Mayes, Church Administrator
72 Lake Morton Drive Lakeland FL 33801