Administrative Assistant to the Pastor
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PASTOR
First United Methodist Church, located in the heart of old Naples, seeks a special person to provide secretarial and administrative services for the pastor and leadership of the church. The Administrative Assistant’s role will be vital to the daily operations of the church, helping to enable its mission. Often this individual will be the first contact the public sees or talks to, thus she/he plays a key role in welcoming people in the church and making them feel a part of the body of Christ.
Skills and Attributes:
Responsibilities and Expectations
- A committed Christian with a deepening personal relationship with Jesus
- Minimum of 2+ years of office administrative experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationships with pastor, co-workers and volunteers
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook (previous experience with church software is a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially on telephone
- Ability to problem-solve and multi-task despite numerous daily interruptions
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Punctual and deadline oriented with a strong work ethic
- Flexible and willing to shift priorities
- Reliable, trustworthy self-starter who is excellent at following through on detail
- Able to pass a background check
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to support and update social media is a plus (web page, Facebook, E-blasts.)
- Some knowledge or experience in marketing is a plus
- Perform high level secretarial, office management, and general administrative duties.
- Develop an attitude toward a role as a minister of the church, not merely an office worker– every function handled must contribute to the mission of the church.
- Protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality.
- Act and communicate professionally and compassionately with others in-person, as well as by phone or in written communications.
- Create an environment that is welcoming to people passing through on a daily basis.
- Cooperate in scheduling and planning to see that the goals and objectives of the church are being realized. This assumes a firsthand knowledge of current policies, procedures and programs at the church.
- Train and supervise volunteer office help
- Manage vendors
- Coordination of Congregational Care/Visitation Team
- Help with marketing communications/advertising
- Help with managing/updating social media (weekly Eblasts, web page, Facebook)
This is a full-time position, 35 hours/week (Mon. - Fri.) 9 AM - 4 PM
Compensation -- Competitive
Candidate must be able to pass a criminal background check
Please send resume and a cover letter where you will share something about your faith journey and tell us why you feel you are the right person for this position. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
388 First Avenue South Naples FL 34102
Phone: ho phone calls please