Assistant Director, Student Ministries
The Assistant Director, Student Ministries, supports the Director, Student Ministries, in all aspects of student (grades six through twelve) ministry facilitation including the coordination of regular group fellowship, such as small group Bible studies, missions and spiritual retreats. Assists in the recruitment, training and coordination of adult volunteer teams in providing effective discipleship and an impactful faith experience in a meaningful and supportive environment. Assumes Director-level responsibilities as needed or required. Regular attendance and participation in campus worship services, programs and events is required.
Qualifications and skills
- Support FUMCWP’s vision, core values and commitment to inclusion, inspired by a personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- Active and growing faith in Jesus Christ, supplemented by regular, consistent participation in a worship congregation.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a related field.
- A sincere call to youth ministry with the maturity to nurture student spiritual growth, and the energy and enthusiasm to inspire engaging faith experiences.
- Ability to articulate Wesleyan theology clearly, consistently and in an audience-appropriate manner.
- Ability to exemplify Christian principles and behaviors both personally and professionally.
- Previous professional or volunteer experience in a Student Ministry-related position within a faith-based organization, Methodist theology preferred.
- Excellent self-management, ability to apply good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Previous active participation in a youth or college student ministry program or devotional preferred.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to drive a collaborative lay team and worship environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to adapt messages in an audience-appropriate fashion.
- Detail-oriented with strong organization and time management skills.
- Optimistic, enthusiastic, and passionate with a commitment to the spiritual and emotional development and health of students and their families.
- Adept in technological applications, including software programs, social media, and mobile telecommunications.
- Event planning and program implementation experience a plus.
- Meet position occupational demands and fitness-for-duty requirements.
For consideration, candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Contact: Erin Corbelli
125 N Interlachen Avenue Winter Park 32789