Brief Description: This position is responsible for the overall planning, coordinating, conducting, and evaluating of youth activities that helps guide youth (6th-12th grade) to genuinely follow Jesus and transform the world.
- Provide a plan for youth ministry that includes youth, parents of youth, and youth leaders.
- Lead and grow a Youth Ministry Leadership Team (YMLT) for developing and implementing a youth discipleship plan (including annual goals) that will help youth to experience the love of Jesus, learn the stories of the Christian faith, follow Jesus daily, lead the church and transform the world.
- Identify, recruit, resource and train adult youth leaders to facilitate/teach discipleship groups and mentor youth.
- Communicate with pastors, church staff, YMLT and parents the calendar events (weekly email, text, website, Facebook, etc.)
- Oversee and implement the Spring of Life Child and Youth Protection Policy for all middle and high school students.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly Church Leadership Council meetings.
- Attend at least one continuing education workshop a year relating to youth ministry.
- This position will supervise the YMLT, which support the youth ministry needs of the church.
- Evidence of a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, a passion for the church’s mission to make disciples of Jesus for the transformation of the world, and a desire to help the church become a multicultural, multigenerational community of faith.
- At least two years of college work with one year of volunteer experience in a youth ministry setting, or a summer intern experience leading youth ministry.
- Prior experience engaging and empowering volunteers toward effective ministry results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; relational style of leadership preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required.
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills; thorough, accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to share own Christian experience in a healthy and inviting manner.
The above job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in this position. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of staff assigned to this job.
This is a salaried, non-exempt position. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Accepting applications through Saturday, June 30, 2018.
Contact: Joel Frieze
11101 Moss Park Road Orlando FL 32832
Phone: (407) 282-2855