||Director of Youth Ministries
||June 1, 2010
|| July 2017
Will oversee church's ministry to youth ages 13 to 18 (middle and senior high school).
- A strong personal commitment to Christ and to the mission of the United Methodist Church.
- College Degree or equivalent studies in the area of child or youth ministry. With a minimum of 6 hours of course work specific to youth and adolescent programs and Christian Spiritual Development.
- Experience in creating and leading youth programs.
- Available for flexible hours and weekly schedules.
- Ability to work with others of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate, understand, supervise and relate to young people with a strong Christian base.
- Ability to network, develops relationships, recruit volunteers and acquire resources from appropriate youth agencies/services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with current computer and social networking systems.
Line of Authority:
- Create a written program that provides spiritual and personal growth, fellowship, socialization, community awareness and service to the church and community.
- Provides current information for the Church Website.
- Implement, maintain and update written program plan for youth.
- Coordinate written program meeting the spiritual and physical needs of our youth that include, but not limited to Sunday School, Bible studies, retreats, and special ministry services.
- Create outreach program for youth within the local church neighborhood.
- Ensure that programs are balanced to include small & large group activities, education, service and recreation.
- Oversee budgetary expenses designated for this ministry.
- Attends designated staff meetings and church functions as deemed necessary by church policy and/or the Pastor.
- Presents monthly written report of activities to the Administrative Council or as requested relative to this ministry.
- Actively participate in and/or support all church wide programs, such as Pumpkin Patch, Snowfest, Harvest Festival, etc.
Reports directly to Senior Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee
Commensurate with education and experience.
Contact: Donna Bumgardner
400 N 35th Ave Hollywood FL 33021