Treasurer (part-time) Conway UMC
The church Treasurer maintains the financial books of the church and disburses fund contributed to the church in a responsible and timely manner with funds identified and bills paid when due.
The Treasurer is also responsible for participation in budget development and management.
Position description, duties and responsibilities:
The incumbent will have the following duties and responsibilities :
- Responsible for all financial record keeping including accounts payable, payroll and staff benefits, general ledger, and monthly, quarterly and annual reports as needed.
- Assist offering counters as needed.
- Assist Financial Secretary in posting contributions as needed.
- Maintain record of annual pledges.
- Work with Finance Committee and Stewardship Chairman during annual pledge campaign.
- Print and mail contribution statements. (usually biennially)
Write checks necessary to meet the obligations of the church or as may be directed by the Finance Committee or Pastor.
Attend assigned committee (Church Council, Finance) and staff meetings as requested by the Pastor.
Assist the Finance Committee chairperson of the church with their records, reports and responsibilities as part of his/her regular duties.
Administer the employee benefit program.
Work within the approved budget figures.
A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or equivalent training and experience is required. A working knowledge of SHELBY or church management systems is a plus.
Contact: Phyllis Murray
3401 S Conway Rd. Orlando FL 32812