Primary function: Responsible for playing hymns and/or special music (prelude/postlude/offertories)
Qualifications: Demonstrated proficiency in playing the organ and piano for traditional hymns, solo accompaniment etc. Must be punctual and dependable and able to communicate with the praise team leader and pastor. Creativity in designing worship services around a given theme is a plus.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Sight read and play hymns from the United Methodist Church Hymnal for the Traditional service, as well as sight read and play special music as needed.
2. Be able to fill in on an as needed basis for playing praise music in the absence of the worship leader (maximum of 3-4 Sundays a year)
3. Be able to coordinate with the Pastor on selection of hymns
4. Be available to help with other special events (school functions, holy days) for an additional negotiated fee per event.
Hours: 2.5 hours per week
Address: 151 N. Henderson Lane Sanford FL 32771
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011