Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator
The Children’s and Youth Ministry Coordinator recruits, equips, and supervises a team of adult volunteers to create an environment at Seminole Heights United Methodist in which children (infants through grade 5) and students (grades 6-12) can grow as disciples of Jesus Christ who transform the world; fosters connections between children/students, their families, and members of the church from all generations; and seeks new connections to children/students and families to help them feel at home as a part of our congregation.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure the maintenance of an accurate database of children/students and families.
- Ensure the maintenance of an accurate database of adult volunteers, including accurate status of background screening and child protection training. Inform staff and volunteers when there is a deadline for remaining in compliance.
- Participate in the selection of children’s and youth ministry curriculum.
- Provide all supplies needed for Wednesday night and Sunday morning discipleship programs, and ensure that spaces are set up and equipped as needed.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers to ensure the adequate staffing of all children’s and youth ministry events, and to create a platform from which people can answer God’s call to ministry with children and students.
- Coordinate the adequate staffing of the church nursery.
- Ensure that proper paperwork is filled out for all children/students participating in children’s and youth ministry events.
- Coordinate volunteer appreciation efforts.
- Oversee the planning for children’s and youth ministry events, including social media, church calendar, volunteers, space, vehicles, and resources.
- Oversee social media management for children and youth ministries.
- Alert the pastor or lay leaders to congregational care issues arising among our children, students, and their families.
- Communicate opportunities for children’s and youth ministry parents to connect to the broader ministry of the church.
- Take responsibility for the quality of relationships with other members of the staff, volunteers, and church members (i.e., building healthy, respectful, supportive relationships).
- Exhibit clear and responsible use of the children’s and youth ministry budget.
- Ensure that children/students are supervised in accordance with the Florida Conference Child Protection Policy.
- Competent and comfortable teaching children/students and working with families and volunteers.
- Experience in child development or related field.
- Mature, growing relationship with Christ. Commitment to a Christian way of life and a desire to serve the Body of Christ by ministering to children/students and their families.
- Commitment to the core values of Seminole Heights United Methodist Church.
- Professional written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Pass required background screening.
Contact: Paige Carlson
6111 N Central Ave Tampa FL 33604