Overview: The multimedia intern of the Youth Ministry at FUMC Winter Park will help encourage students to begin a relationship with Jesus Christ that lasts a lifetime. This intern will help provide photos and videos of the student ministry that reflects excitement around our mission. The final project for this internship will be to create a short “commercial,” for the ministry to help attract parents, volunteers, and students to join Elevate. This internship will help train the right individual in the various aspects of youth ministry, including “behind-the-scenes” and connectional youth ministry.
Description and Responsibilities:
· Experience and proficiency with professional cameras (photography and videography)
· Must provide own equipment
· Ability to lead and collaborate with students grades 6-12th.
· Ability to communicate a personal faith journey with Jesus Christ.
· Ability to capture moments through photography and videography.
· Strong graphic design abilities.
· Ability to produce finalized digital assets (photos, videos, etc.) meeting ministry needs.
· Expertise in appropriate design software and packages (Ex: Adobe).
· Willingness to work with the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Director of Student Ministries in a collaborative environment.
· Ability to accept direction regarding themes, branding, storyboarding and integrate that direction into final digital assets.
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week (time off will be used to supplement time on overnight trips) at $10 an hour for 10 weeks. Housing with a church family will be available for the right candidate.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: a passion for youth ministry and willingness to grow and learn. Prior experience will be preferred. Prior experience with videos/photography will be required.
Resources and Training Provided: Weekly training and encouragement sessions with ministry leadership.
Reporting structure: This position will meet weekly with the whole youth staff and one on one with the Director for instruction and encouragement, as well as the Director of Communications for standards and procedures of the church.
All interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to Michael LeBlanc, Director of Student Ministries at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 20, 2018.
Contact: Michael LeBlanc
Address: 125 North Interlachen Avenue Winter Park FL 32789
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011