Overview: The intern of the Youth Ministry at FUMC Winter Park will help encourage students to begin a relationship with Jesus Christ that lasts a lifetime. This intern will help provide leadership for a ministry that is in a season of growth and strength. This internship will help train the right individual in the various aspects of youth ministry, including “behind-the-scenes” and connectional youth ministry.
Description and Responsibilities:
· Connect with students as assigned by the Youth Staff.
· Help in organizing and maintaining organization of all youth materials.
· Assist Youth Staff with promoting upcoming events via social media.
· Attend trips and retreats as needed in order to assist the Youth Ministry Staff.
· Plan, lead and execute all Sunday Night programming for the summer.
· Support an environment of mutual respect and support is upheld through biblical conflict management and honest communication.
· Maintain a regular work schedule, including Sabbath time. As this is a part time position, hours must be maintained and communicated to the Director and Assistant Director.
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week (time off will be used to supplement time on overnight trips) at $10 an hour for 10 weeks. Housing with a church family will be available for the right candidate.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: a passion for youth ministry and willingness to grow and learn. Prior experience will be preferred.
Resources and Training Provided: Weekly training and encouragement sessions with ministry leadership.
Reporting structure: This position will meet weekly with the whole youth staff and one on one with the Assistant Director for instruction and encouragement.
All interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to Michael LeBlanc, Director of Student Ministries at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 20, 2018.
Contact: Michael LeBlanc
Address: 125 Interlachen Ave Winter Park FL 32789
The Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church
450 Martin L King Jr Ave
Lakeland, FL 33815
(863) 688-5563 or toll free (800) 282-8011