Director of Children's Ministries
Director of Children's Ministries - Part Time
Purpose of Position
To develop and implement effective and dynamic children’s ministries for FUMC Starke.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A call to ministry led by a deep and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Proven demonstrations of Christian values and character.
- Be well acquainted with the age-level characteristics and needs of children.
- Supervise, plan and evaluate the present children’s ministry program including children’s Sunday School, Wednesday night activities and Summer Vacation Bible School.
- Supervise and coordinate nursery workers and services.
- Represent the needs of the children’s ministry within the framework of the educational leadership team.
- Participate in regular staff meetings to effectively communicate and coordinate the integration of other church programs and initiatives with the programs and initiatives of the children’s ministry.
- Work with the Pastor, church leaders, staff and volunteers to ensure that the church is a safe place for the children and the adults who serve children.
- Be knowledgeable of the Child, Youth Protection policy requirements of the Florida Conference.
- Recruit persons willing and gifted to serve the area of children’s ministry within the guidelines established by the Pastor and the Education Leadership team.
- Participate with the Pastor and Ed Leadership Team to promote the highest quality curriculum for children’s education.
- Participate in continuing education and training opportunities promoted by the conference and district staff.
- Any other duties assigned by the Pastor
Contact: Bill McRae, Staff Parish Relations Chair
200 North Walnut St. PO Box 157 Starke FL 32091