Communications Coordinator Job Description
Position Hours: Full time, salaried
Supervisor: Assistant Pastor
This essential team member will use their communications, design and organizational skills to manage and direct Lake Magdalene United Methodist Church’s internal and external communications.
General Tasks and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience
- Oversee workflow of communications between ministries and congregants
- Manage branding across all communications
- Support all ministry heads with design and writing services
- Spend time in each ministry searching for stories to share with the church
- Create video and printed content to share stories that are identified
- Produce all collateral using Adobe Creative Suite software for all ministries of the church
- Maintain and improve website presence on Wordpress platform
- Create and maintain relevant and innovative social media presence
- Design and proof weekly bulletin
- Generate content for and manage bi-weekly email update campaign
- Minimum of Associates degree in communications, graphic design, or related field or 3 years of equivalent work experience.
- Must be proficient in use of Adobe Creative Suite software, possess organizational skills and stay on task with minimal supervision, have knowledge of communications techniques, be a skilled writer and communicator, expertise in Wordpress management, have knowledge of email campaign programs such as MailChimp and ability to use in-house production printer (training available).
- Capacity to remain flexible in a demanding work environment, dependable and patient with positive work attitude and ethic. Must be a strong Christian with commitment to their personal discipleship growth.
- The person in this position must be able to complete the following physical tasks to perform this position effectively: lift 25 pounds, sit/stand for long periods of time, use of vision short and long distance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Please send cover letter, resume, and statement of faith to Hilary Rain at email@example.com
Contact: Hilary Rain
2902 W. Fletcher Ave Tampa 33604