"Lead Like Jesus" goes to the Methodist Church in CubaGlobal Missions Blog
Pat and Robert Pinera leading the workshop
In June, my friend and colleague Maritza Dominguez and I delivered the "Lead Like Jesus" workshop for over 70 Cuban Methodist pastors, missionaries and lay leaders at the Seminary in Havana and in Artemisa. They came from 12 different cities which is amazing given their transportation issues.
Despite many challenges both classes were very well received. Artemisa was most difficult - running the presentation on curtains, terrific road noise, it was hot, they were sitting in uncomfortable rustic wooden pews and I did the unthinkable and left my laptop and notes behind in Havana so we had to improvise. Despite these and other challenges God was in our midst and touched lives. Here are some of the comments from the feedback forms:
• It was a great blessing for my life. I was waiting for God to speak to me, in a special way and He spoke through his promises
• I received what I hoped for, from the beginning God spoke to me.
• What I was waiting for I received which was the word of God for my life. Thanks be to God.
• The power of the Holy Spirit guided us and spoke to us.
Maritza Dominguez and Cuban pastors.
• Since the beginning of this seminar God has spoken to our lives, through the exercises and teaching of the instruments. many thanks, this has come in a difficult moment of my life.
One man cried and said his father had never told him he loved him and he was going to tell his children that he loved them. It was amazing!
As always, we learned as much or more than those we led. I tend to be organized and controlling and the message God gave me loud and clear was 'It ‘s not about me and my stuff, it’s about Him and the Holy Spirit speaking to each person.' Praise God for this privilege!
Please share this blog with your friends by using the email icon in the upper right corner of the page (the icon looks like an envelope). New readers can subscribe here. To unsubscribe, send your full name and e-mail address to email@example.com with the subject line “Unsubscribe-Global Missions Blog.”