Grace UMC, Merritt Island
Grace UMC Merritt Island seeks Facility Manager Candidates for a full-time position. Responsibilities include all aspects of maintaining 48,000 square feet of building space, with 5 buildings on 4.5 acres, with operations and maintenance. The Facility Manager will oversee custodial and volunteer support, vendor contracting, and building access.
-Good working knowledge of construction trades
-Basic computer skills; Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
-Good people skills
-Previous experience in facility management and repair
-Ability to facilitate teamwork among staff, Board of Trustees, and members of the congregation.
Interested applicants can apply by contacting Pat Harrison at (321)452-2420 and completing an application.
First UMC - Port St. John
The First United Methodist Church of Port St. John, FL., is seeking a church accountant. This position is 8 hours per week flexible time. This employee will be accountable to the Pastor and work closely with the Finance Chair. He/she will be responsible for maintaining church finances.
The duties of the position will include:
- Enter invoices and process accounts payable payments weekly
- Process payroll
- Payroll deposits monthly
- Quarterly and Annual Federal payroll reporting
- Budget preparation (With assistance from Finance Chair)
- Financial reports (To be presented at Finance meetings)
- Maintain financial files
- Coordinate audit
- Bank account reconciliations on a monthly/quarterly basis
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A high school diploma or GED required. An associate degree in accounting is preferred. Additional qualifying accounting experience may be substituted.
- Working knowledge of debits and credits
- Working knowledge of computer software (Will provide training on Power Church)
- Knowledge of basic office skills, including filing
- Ability to carry out and assume responsibilities without constant supervision
- Must be a practicing Christian
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.
First UMC - Stuart
Opening beginning June 17 for a full time Director of Children’s Ministry.
Our ministry to and with children (5th grade and younger) encourages children to enter into a faith relationship with God through Jesus Christ, grow in that faith, live out their faith in their families and begin to follow Christ into the world. Our intent is that the kingdom of God will increase in and through our children, in order that God may use them in transforming our world.
Responsibilities include developing, equipping, organizing and leading adult and older youth volunteer leaders who are gifted for work with children. The children’s ministry must be more than the ministry director who leads it.
The Director of Children’s Ministry leads ministry to children through 5th grade, including overseeing paid nursery workers who provide quality care for nursery (under age 2) and preschool children with age appropriate teaching and activities.
Prior experience in Children’s Ministry or Christian Education is beneficial and a background check is required before hiring. Salary and benefits will be based on experience and qualifications.
Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
UMC of the Palm Beaches
Seeking Part Time Director of Student Ministries
for further information contact the church office at 561-+687-541, or to apply
Please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Director of Student Ministries Application” with the following attachments:
1. Your resumé
2. A recent photo of you (and your family if you wish)
3. A statement, no longer than one page, on your philosophy of youth ministry.
4. Your theology on ministering to middle and high school students.
First United Methodist Church, Okeechobee, Florida is seeking a church organist/pianist and a choir director. The Sanctuary is home to a 1944 Reuter pipe organ. Church musicians play for one worship service at 10:00 a.m. from May-October and two worship services, 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. are held from November -April. One weeknight choir rehearsal is conducted. Salary is negotiable. For more information, please contact the Church Office at (863)763-4021.
Covenant UMC Port Orange
Seeking Part Time Business Office Manager
- Provide the daily operational business responsibilities of the church.
- For further information click here, Job+Description+-+Covenant+Office+Mgr+for+Ad.docx
Mims United Methodist Church
Seeking Part Time Administrative Secretary
- The Church secretary position provides essential clerical and administrative support to enable an effective and caring ministry for Mims United Methodist Church.
- For further information click here, Edit+Admin+Sec+Job+Desc+(1).docx